Negative Hours

• Problem
  • Updated 12 months ago
  • Not a Problem
Hi, 

I  need add negative hours in Replicon, is this possible?

Kind Regards

Rose
Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Lingaraj Dharwad

Lingaraj Dharwad, Product Champion

• 1100 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Hi Rose,

Are you looking at adding negative hours on the Timesheet? Can you provide more details as too what problem are you trying to solve? 

Thanks,
Lingaraj
(Edited)
Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Hi Lingaraj

I got my boss to write a summary of what required please see below:-
Summary of problem

We have a large project and created a project code to which people allocated time. Later we decided that this was in fact several smaller projects, and opened additional codes. We now need to split the budget (easy) and time allocated from the first code to the new codes. Previously we have reopened time sheets and fixed them, but this is slow and tedious. In this case we don't have a basis for fixing time sheets and want to do a proportionate adjustment (there are also too many time sheets and codes to adjust - 30 staff 6 months of time sheets 15 project codes ).  We would prefer not to manually adjust reports each time we run them. 

One thought was to create a dummy user and use negative and positive time (total = 0) hence the enquiry. There may be other solutions. 

Kind Regards

Rose

• 1100 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Hi Rose,

Let me summarize your issue:- 

Time has been entered against 1 Project & several tasks for a period of 6 months by 30 users. After 6 months it was realized that ideally this should have been created into 15 different projects. Now you are looking for a easy way of moving all the hours entered across various tasks from this project into 15 different projects, which I assume have already been created. Ideally I would not recommend you go the negative hours route. This may cause problems later in terms of audits or reporting for that matter. 

Proposed Solution:- 

Step 1: Export existing data into excel
Step 2: Delete old users Timesheets. (We can start with few users to test with)
Step 3: Make changes to the Timesheets.
Step 4: Import the data back into your Replicon instance. 
Step 5: Mass approve all the Timesheets.

Since, this is a one time activity we can help you in exporting this 6 months of data via reports into a excel spreadsheet. All you need to do is make the required changes and send it back to us. We will then test this with couple of users timesheets by deleting the old ones and importing all the corrected data. 

Once you give us a go ahead, we will then, proceed with importing the rest of the data. We will ensure the entire process is smooth and hassle free for you. 

This may take a little longer, but will ensure you don't face issues in the long run. 

Regards,
Lingaraj

(Note: Official community support is available from 10am to 7pm US Mountain Time, only on weekdays. For urgent issues call or email the Support team [Support@replicon.com] directly)
(Edited)
Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Hi Lingaraj, 

I have forward to your email to my Manager. 
Will get back to you.
Umakanth S, was coming through to me at 11.30 oz time, there is no point until we decide what to do.

Kind Regards 

Rose

• 1100 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
I have spoken to Umakanth about the proposed solution already, feel free to take this up with him in your call today. 
Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
OK, Thank You
Photo of Noggle, Samantha

Noggle, Samantha

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My Company has a similar issue where we would like to reclassify hours from one project to multiple projects for the past 5 months. Is the proposed solution above still the best solution to do this or in the past 2 years of improvements, is there a better solution for achieving the need to correct hours on multiple time sheets?

Thanks.