web services documentation

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Developers really need some documentation for your web services, particularly on:
  • What is the intended purpose for each web service operation?
  • Filters - your filter syntax is really not intuitive at all.
I've wasted many, many hours of trial & error trying to get various web services to try to understand how to call and use them.  Please create some sort of documentation.
Photo of August, Dan

August, Dan

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

Aashnee Kamboj, Community Moderator

• 1657 Posts
  • 114 Reply Likes
Hi Dan,

We understand the requirement. We will have this internally looked upon and update you once we have some concrete documentation on the same.

Thanks,
Aashnee
Photo of Finney, Jeremy

Finney, Jeremy

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This was 6 months ago. We really need some documentation if we are expected to use these web services. Come on guys!
Photo of Finney, Jeremy

Finney, Jeremy

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
There is some doc here (not complete, but something): https://na4.replicon.com/services/help/all
Photo of Alex Savchenko

Alex Savchenko

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
why you call it documentation? It is just list of services... :(
Photo of Akbar Ali Khan

Akbar Ali Khan, Official Rep

• 118 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Alex,

The documentation to use Webservices is present on the link mentioned below.

Link : https://www.replicon.com/help-center/developers/web-services/

Also i will our support team reach out to you about the same.
Photo of admin, admin

admin, admin

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Akbar,

That link you provided is a page that has been on the site for several years now, but I wouldn't say that should count as documentation.  There are a few links with a few very simple examples of syntax, but no thorough documentation that describes what each service/operation does.  The service page really just gives a one or two sentence short description of what it does, but there isn't any documentation about how to format filters, for example.  It would also be nice to have some type of documentation which provides a guide for which services/operations to use to do certain operations.  What you basically have now is a list of services/operations without any real documentation, which amounts to a lot of trial/error for developers.

Dan August
(Edited)
Photo of Akbar Ali Khan

Akbar Ali Khan, Official Rep

• 118 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Dan,

The link i had provided earlier helps in using web-services however it doesn't contain a description of all the web-services present on Replicon, we are working on creating a documentation about the same, we will update you as soon as it is available.

Thanks,
Akbar 
Photo of Alex Savchenko

Alex Savchenko

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Akbar, the same message (about "we are working on documentation") was in that page 1 year ago.