View full teams time off

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Not Planned
Our managers would like to be able to see their full teams time off rather than just their direct reports. This is important so that holidays aren't taken at the same time. As it stands middle managers, who do not have permissions that allow a view of all company time off, can only see their direct reports. They would like to be able to see other middle managers within the same team.
Photo of Claire Thomson

Claire Thomson

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

Aashnee Kamboj, Community Moderator

• 1617 Posts
  • 110 Reply Likes
Hi Claire,

Thank you for using Replicon Community!

If the purpose is only viewing the time offs booked by everyone else in the company and not approving them then that can be done through time off calendar. The time off template assigned to the managers should have 'Show Other Users' Time Off on Calendar' checked.

Once this option is checked the managers can go to their time off calendar and click on Settings button to enable the users who they wish to see.

Thanks,
Aashnee
Photo of Claire Thomson

Claire Thomson

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yes I understand this but giving the managers the option to choose which other staff they see also allows them access to the rest of the organisation. We don't want them to be able to see the rest of the organisation , only the other managers in their team.
Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

Aashnee Kamboj, Community Moderator

• 1617 Posts
  • 110 Reply Likes
Hi Claire,

Thank you for the response.

I have marked this as an Idea. My Product Management team will review this and reply accordingly.

Thanks,
Aashnee
Photo of Karen Chao

Karen Chao, Product Manager

• 117 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Hi Claire,

I agree we need some better controls around viewing other people's time off calendars. We don't have plans to address currently but will revisit in the future to see if we can enhance this to meet business need. 

Thanks, Karen
Photo of Jason Duncan

Jason Duncan

• 16 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Viewing Others Time Off Calendar Permission.

It's problematic that the permission to view other employees Time Off is limited to all or nothing. This should be controlled by department assignment or group assignments.  

For Example: I would like to grant this permission so that a team/dept can see others time off so that they consider the department resources available on various days they are contemplating taking time off.  However, I don't believe the employee should have access to view every employee in the companies time-off. 

Seemingly, it would be beneficial for the group assignments to have some control over whom they can view or even assign at the individual level which employees can be seen. 
Photo of Lingaraj Dharwad

Lingaraj Dharwad, Product Champion

• 1100 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Hi Jason,

I have merged your post with this idea. As per Karen's response above, this is something that will be looked into during future planning sessions. 

Thanks,
Lingaraj
Photo of Vinar, Amy

Vinar, Amy

• 25 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
When this permission is enabled, do others only see APPROVED time off or will they see time off requests as well?
Photo of Karen Chao

Karen Chao, Product Manager

• 117 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Hi Amy,

You will see time offs that are waiting for approval as well.