Varying staff cost by project

• Idea
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Not Planned
Is there any way to vary staff costs per project similar to the way you can have different billing rates for staff per project.  For example we want to have the cost recorded as $40 for one project but $50 for another project depending on what project the employee enters time against.
Photo of D'Amico, Alfred

D'Amico, Alfred

• 14 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Tony Weber

Tony Weber

• 80 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Is that because employees pay varies by project?
Photo of D'Amico, Alfred

D'Amico, Alfred

• 14 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Yes
Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

Aashnee Kamboj, Community Moderator

• 1485 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
HI Alfred,

Thank you for using Replicon Community!

Is it possible for you to create different billing rates and assign them to the user. As that is possible. This is provided I have understood it correctly. If not may I ask you to provide further details.

Thanks,
Aashnee
Photo of D'Amico, Alfred

D'Amico, Alfred

• 14 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
That was not my question.  I understanding that different billing rates can be used for a user by project.  My question was whether different cost rates can be used for a user by project. Currently it appears that there can only be one cost rate per user modifiable through the Administration->Users->Billing&Cost screen.  The Default Billing Rate on this screen can be overridden by project based billing rates, but it doesn't appear that the Hourly Cost on this screen can be overridden by project based cost rates.
Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

• 1485 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
Hi Alfred,

Thank you for the details. This explains the issue perfectly!

I will have my product management team see if this is something that they have already planned. I am also marking this as an idea as currently this is not achievable.

Thanks,
Aashnee
Photo of Sangeet Saurabh

Sangeet Saurabh

• 53 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Hi Alfred,

Thanks for your feedback.

This is not currently possible with project. Does user work on multiple projects at a time? I was wondering if we could manage this through effective date that's available with cost. As user move from one project to another, change the cost at user profile.

Regards,
Sangeet
Photo of D'Amico, Alfred

D'Amico, Alfred

• 14 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Thanks we are aware of the effective date capability and use that to change costs over time.  But in this case we have staff who are working on multiple projects at the same time with different cost rates.
Photo of David Lynch

David Lynch

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Custom field for Roles/Rates Gen2.

Hi, I have a resource that performs multiple roles and rates on a project. I have set that up so that we can bill these multiple rates. I also have multiple cots for these roles and as there is not the facility to have multiple costs for the role/rate for the same resource the costs are not correct. One way to achieve this is to have a User Defined Facility on the Role/Rate.
Photo of Castro, Thiago

Castro, Thiago

• 23 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Different Costs Centres or Costs by Project.

We are a consulting firm, we have full time, part time, contractors and associates that work with us.

Let's think of a Scenario:
John, who is an associate with a payment agreement that says that he will receive 40% of the Revenue we sell his services. Therefore if we sell a service with a $1,000/day Revenue he will Receive $400/day (which reflects being my COSTS) 
If we sell his services at $2,000/day his costs for us now is equal to $800/day

With that said, how is it possible for me to manage his costs within Replicon and different projects
if I have only 1 cost rate available per user?

The current cost settings work great with Full-time/Part-time staff where the salaried costs are "always" the same throughout the year/projects, however, if you have an associate with a different cost arrangement like mentioned above, it makes impossible to work with Replicon as a SaaS.

Any thoughts? How come a project management tool like Replicon doesn't have costs centre?

Any help will be much appreciated
Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

• 1485 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
Hi Thaigo,

This is currently not planned however, I have requested our product management team to relook through this and will revert in case of any progress.

Thanks,
Aashnee
Photo of D'Amico, Alfred

D'Amico, Alfred

• 14 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I do still concur that Replicon should have a capability like this.  We have had to work around this issue by creating multiple accounts for staff who receive different cost compensation, which ends up artificially increasing our license costs due to this limitation.
Photo of Castro, Thiago

Castro, Thiago

• 23 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Agree 100% with you Alfred. Doesn't only increase cost but increase work and user "UNfriendly" system to the staff, as the user will have to sign in/out all the time with a big chance of human error allocating hours.
A SaaS service like Replicon should be always ahead of the game, the technology is moving faster this type of situation is not a 2017 thing, this is a pretty obvious thing for any business that has contractors/associates onboard.
Photo of Flannery, John

Flannery, John

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Our company would like this as well- it would help better track our project revenue and costs, and reduce risk in our operating workflow (as we are looking to an external system for pay information).  We also have variable bill and pay rates- onsite time vs remote time, for example.

I'm told we cannot have this developed for our company instance- this must be a global change.

I've attached how I would anticipate this being setup- for every 'bill rate', the option to have an associated 'pay rate'.

Thank you for your consideration!