Validation error report for customers

• Idea
  • Updated 2 days ago
  • Not Planned
To be able to provide better support to our users, and to proactively identify and resolve issues before they are being reported, we require a validation error report that will give us an overview of submitted and unsubmitted timesheet validation errors for each user.  If these validation errors could also be grouped into validation error categories (for example, project finish dates that are not valid etc.) that will be very helpful.
Photo of Megan

Megan

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • neutral

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Akbar Ali Khan

Akbar Ali Khan, Official Rep

• 134 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Megan,

Thank you for using Replicon community,

I understand your requirement here, I have forwarded this to my product management team and will get back to with an update

Thanks,
Akbar
Photo of Charlene Eriksen

Charlene Eriksen, Product Manager

• 394 Posts
  • 41 Reply Likes
Hi Megan,

This is not something that's planned currently, but I can understand how this would help. In the meantime, you can see the timesheets that have validation errors on any of the timesheet lists by enabling the "Validations" column. It will show you the number of validation errors and you can mouse over the count to see the details. This column is available in the list of timesheets in the My Replicon (via "See all timesheets"), Team, Payroll, and Billing sections. You can also sort by the column to bring all timesheets with an error to the top of the list.

Thanks,
Charlene
Photo of Megan

Megan

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Charlene.  That is unfortunate that there is no reporting/view export mechanism available to do this.  Even though this is helpful for us as administrators to hover over each validation error, it is a waste of time.  We don't have the time to communicate validation errors to all our 1500+ staff members, and therefor would have wanted this in a report format so that it can be send on a weekly basis to staff members.  The hovering over across the Replicon timesheet platform is fine to condense and hide information to make the UI clean, but it is counter productive since it wastes time when you have so many users using the system.  Ideally there should be better ways to export/report on information whilst within that view/page.