Time Zones in General

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Under Consideration
Hi Community,

Is anyone else having problems with looking at multiple time zones?  For example I am in EST so when I log in as the Admin I see all time in EST even though I may be looking at a time sheet that is in PST.  So if my employee in California says can you punch me out at 5pm I have to remember to add three hours to that and enter 8pm since I am in EST.  If I use 5pm it will punch them out at 2pm which may conflict with their meal break and not save.  If I want to see their time sheet the way they do I would have to log in as them, and I don't mean through the Administration - Users - Log in as ... because that will still show me EST.  I would have to change their password and log in as them specifically.  I am all over the US and in Puerto Rico so this is a real issue for me.  Does anyone else have tips on how to work with this?  

Thanks,
Kathy
Photo of Kathy Piggford

Kathy Piggford

• 44 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Lingaraj Dharwad

Lingaraj Dharwad, Product Champion

• 1100 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Hi Kathy,

Thank you for using Replicon community,

Can you please check and confirm your Time Zone Format under the User Settings page? Refer to the screenshots below: 

If it is set to EST, then change it to Do not Show Time Zones. 

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,
Lingaraj
Photo of Kathy Piggford

Kathy Piggford

• 44 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Hi Lingaraj,

I did change my settings and then I logged out and logged back in.  I still have the same problem.

The screen on the left is logged in as my employee in California.  The screen on the right is logged in as me in Ohio.  You can see the time zones are different.

What other ideas?

Thanks,
Kathy

• 1100 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Can you also confirm that your employee's user settings is also set to Do not Show Time Zones?
Photo of Kathy Piggford

Kathy Piggford

• 44 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
I confirmed and still see the same thing two different time zones.

• 1100 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Hi Kathy,

After changing the Timezone from your other post: https://community.replicon.com/replicon/topics/puerto-rico-time-zone-issue does that solve this issue as well? 

Regards,
Lingaraj
Photo of Kathy Piggford

Kathy Piggford

• 44 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Hi Lingaraj,

No, that does not solve the time zone issue in general.  This morning I logged in as my employee in California and clocked in at 5:30 am PST.  Then I logged in as myself and looked at the time sheet and it states 8:30 am.

Thanks,
Kathy

• 1100 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Thanks Kathy, I will have the concerned PM shed some light on this. 
Photo of Charlene Eriksen

Charlene Eriksen, Product Manager

• 423 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Kathy,

Apologies for the late reply. I understand how this issue can cause problems for you. We have this on our roadmap, a little further down the line. We'll update you as we get closer to looking at this.

Thanks,
Charlene
Photo of Kathy Piggford

Kathy Piggford

• 44 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Hi Charlene,

Thank you for the information.  I hope this is going to be addressed sooner rather than later.  We went live this week and it is a pain point for payroll as well as a few managers in the company.  It is something we took for granted on our last timekeeping system and seems to be a step backwards.

Thanks,
Kathy
Photo of Kathy Piggford

Kathy Piggford

• 44 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
I was at a payroll conference last week and talked to other time vendors and told them about this time zone issue.  They said that they had run into it as well and that I should tell the programmers that they need to set it up so that the timesheet is always viewed in the employees time zone regardless of who is looking at it.  They said it wasn't that hard to program but they do understand what is happening.  Do you know if this will be corrected soon?
Photo of Charlene Eriksen

Charlene Eriksen, Product Manager

• 423 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Hi Kathy,

We don't have a specific timeline yet. We are tied up with some other large items and customer commitments. Once we complete those, we'll be able to provide more information on this item.

Thanks,
Charlene
Photo of Mark Coleman

Mark Coleman

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Kathy, we have exactly the same issue. I've spoken with a number of folks at Replicon about this. They seem to understand the issue but no resolution yet.
Photo of Kathy Piggford

Kathy Piggford

• 44 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Hi Mark,

Thank you for letting me know it is not just our set up.  I see that Replicon is asking for feed back on functionality and I have added this to my list to discuss with them when we have our call.  Maybe if enough clients request this enhancement they will put it on the list.
Photo of Castle, Shirley

Castle, Shirley

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am having the same issue.  We are delaying adding one of our companies to Replicon because of this reason.