Time Off Balances

• Idea
  • Updated 1 week ago
I have been trying to request for the future time off balances that are booked and approved to show in the employee's balance when they log in because it doesn't right now. They don't know how many days they have available right now
Photo of McGill-West, Megan

McGill-West, Megan

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Baker, Nichole

Baker, Nichole

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi, Megan -
Do you happen to know what type of Schedule is assigned to your employees (under Schedule in their user profiles)?
If it's "SHIFT SCHEDULE" type, then they must have actual shifts assigned to their schedules on the given day they are taking off, otherwise, the booking calculates to 0 and balances will be incorrect.
Only if they are assigned an "Office Schedule" (such as 8 hours a day M-F) will bookings automatically calculate for a full day (-8) or half day (-4) etc.

Hope this helps! :-)

McGill-West, Megan

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Good Morning, we all have office schedule, no one is under a shift schedule
Photo of Baker, Nichole

Baker, Nichole

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Megan -
could you post a screenshot of where the employee balances aren't showing?

McGill-West, Megan

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

McGill-West, Megan

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This employee does NOT have 20 days of paid vacation left....she has a bunch of time off already booked and approved for this fall but it does not show future bookings when she logs in
Photo of Baker, Nichole

Baker, Nichole

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Ok. Go to Administration/Time Off Types/Paid Vacation (Jan-June Joining).
Where it says "Balance Summary Display", what do you have selected? If it's only "Time Taken" then it's only showing her balance as what's taken.

Change the selection to "Full Balance Breakdown" and see what happens.

McGill-West, Megan

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It is set to Full Balance Breakdown...I've been going back and forth with our rep for weeks on this and their last resort was to put it as an Idea here because they cannot figure out how to make it show
Photo of Baker, Nichole

Baker, Nichole

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hmm.
There's gotta be something in the settings somewhere.

The only other thing I can think of without seeing your instance is that because the balance is "CURRENT", it's not deducting hours for future bookings.
Click "Paid Vacation (Jan-June Joining)" to see the transactions line by line. Is the employees balance correct after the future booking(s)?

One more thing you can try is to open up a new booking, select a future date, then hit the little gray down arrow on the right to see a breakdown of what happens between today and the future booking date...

McGill-West, Megan

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The transactions will show for future if I click "ALL" for the date range....what we were trying to accomplish was not having to do that; just having our employees go in to book time off without remembering to go and check all future bookings (this is mostly because Replicon will let you book vacation even if you're out of days)
I also do not see the little grey box in the second option you have provided me
Photo of Baker, Nichole

Baker, Nichole

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Don't forget, you can add a validation to the Time Off Policy in a whole that prevents users from submitting time off if they don't have the hours/days. I believe it's called something along the lines of Prevent Overdraw. Hopefully that helps at least a little bit.

Here's the little grey arrow - it only presents itself when the Time Off Booking is in the future...

Photo of Baker, Nichole

Baker, Nichole

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
when you click, it extends and shows more information...
Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

Aashnee Kamboj, Community Moderator

• 1546 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
Hi Megan,

What I understand from the conversation above is that you would like the actual balance rather than the current balance (today's balance excluding future days) to be shown when you go to the All Balance section. Unfortunately, you can only view the current balance at the time off all balance level. I will take this up as an Idea and request our product management team to look into it. Please do feel free to let me know in case my understanding differs the actual issue.

McGill-West, Megan

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
that is correct! and thank you for taking this into consideration, it would help out our team (and I'm sure many others) greatly