Is it possible to have tentative tasks within an "in progress" project? For example, 3 tasks in a project are underway and in progress however 1 task is still tentative (light blue on the resourcing calendar)?
We do not have a provission to mark a task as “tentative” in an in-progress project. However, as a work around you can create a custom column at the task level and set the status of the task within a project.
To create a custom column as the task level, you can follow the below steps.
1. Click on “Administration”
2. Click on “Project Settings” under Projects.
3. Scroll down and under Task Custom Fields, click on “< Unused - Click to Add >”.
4. You can set the name of the column as “Status” and the type as “Drop-Down”.
5. You can then add the status in the “Options” field.
6. You can also make this column as “required”, this will ensure that all the tasks will have a status assigned to it.
7. Then click on “Save”.
You can view this information within the task and also available in the reports.
I hope this answers your question.
Please reply, if you need any further assistance; alternatively you can contact Replicon Support at 1-877-662-2519 or write us to support for further assistance.