Tax and Invoicing

• Idea
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Not Planned
In order to actually use Invoising, the invoice generated must be TAX compliant. Given we already are able to store tax codes, we should be able to use this to generate a tax invoice, ie the timesheet and user information and then be able to add tax if applicable. Even if initially we were able to include a cost item ( current addition of line items requires hours x rate.) where the amount was an override.
Photo of Philipson, Richard

Philipson, Richard

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

Aashnee Kamboj, Community Moderator

• 1546 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
Hi Richard,

Thank you for using the Replicon Community!

We see that your company uses our new invoicing system. You can perform the following steps to add a tax amount:

Go to the invoice and click on create new line item:

In the Blank Row that appears you can add the tax amount

Thanks,
Aashnee Kamboj
Photo of Philipson, Richard

Philipson, Richard

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
you cant add an amount, you still need to provide a hour X rate calculation
Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

• 1546 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
To be specific you need to enter a unit which can be 1. We are working on introducing an automated tax calculation system in the invoicing. However, there is no certain timeline for the same. In the meantime you can choose the Unit to be 1 (don't name the unit as hours) and the amount to be the actual tax amount
Photo of Randal Jorgensen

Randal Jorgensen

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sales Tax on the invoice is a pretty fundamental part of invoicing, which is missing from the Replicon product. Manually adding tax on the invoice, while a workaround for now, is time-consuming and error-prone. This needs to be a priority for the development team... you have tax codes against expenses set up, but no way to get those to work with the invoice (other than the total amount). We need tax codes against the billable time/rates as well to make Invoicing at all useful. This is a very disappointing part of our Replicon experience at this point.
Photo of Administrator, Web Timesheet

Administrator, Web Timesheet

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Agreed this is very important to us as well and probably all your clients who have taxes. When can we expect a solution for this? 
Photo of rmarney

rmarney

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Any update on this front?
I have just posted about this exact point, I just changed from Gen2 to Gen3 and one of the main reasons for doing this was being able to create invoices.  I thought this was a recent problem but am quite disappointed to see posts concerning this from a year ago ....... I cannot believe that this has not been put on top priority.  Its time or I suggest you don't even mention invoicing as a selling point for changing from Gen 2 to Gen 3!! 
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Invoice Template should have option to add and calculate value added tax .......

I just updated to Gen 3 and my main purpose of doing this was to be able to create Invoices within my Replicon system and utilize the reports associated with Invoicing.  I was very disappointed to find that there is not an option to be able to add value added tax in my case G.S.T. as I am in Calgary, Alberta in Canada.  In this day and age I cannot believe an invoice template does not have the ability to add the tax, set the percentage and name of the tax as this varies all over the world, then the invoice needs to calculate it and give the total.  

I will use the invoice template but I am going to have to manually calculate the tax and add it in a separate box for now until the template gets improved.

I TRUST and HOPE that Replicon will improve the invoice template as soon as possible PLEASE
Photo of Wicks, Beverley

Wicks, Beverley

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
We have been using Replicon for over a year now and have been manually adding Sales Tax. This issue has been raised a number of times with the Replicon team with no solution provided to date. The manual addition of tax is time consuming and allows for errors. It is a major limitation of this software. Can anyone provide an update on when a solution might be provided?

Randal Jorgensen

• 5 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Why is this being ignored by Replicon? There has been no reply from anyone at Replicon for over a year... I was assuming that they monitor this forum.
Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

• 1546 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
Hi Randal,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We do monitor the forum and can confirm that the feature is still under consideration. For now if you need a tax field then you can use the "Create New Line Item" field for the same.

Randal Jorgensen

• 5 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Aashnee... we are looking for some kind of timeframe for a resolution of this issue. We have been using the Create New Line Item option, which is not an acceptable workaround after more than a year. It is error prone and creates unnecessary extra work. Any basic invoicing module should handle taxes. Please escalate this issue so that we can hear from your development group what the holdup is, and when we can expect a resolution to this problem that everyone who uses the invoicing module must have.
Photo of Karen Chao

Karen Chao, Product Manager

• 117 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Hi All, 

We don't have plans to address this particular feature gap at this moment. We are working on some other product enhancements currently and can share more information on those as the plans firm up. 

Best, Karen

Randal Jorgensen

• 5 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
5 months later now... any update on this?
Photo of Lucy Fitzgerald

Lucy Fitzgerald

• 3 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
It would be really good to have this. What do you need Replicon to make this a priority please as it's not really useful to have an invoicing system that can't automatically calculate tax.
Photo of Nicola C

Nicola C

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This is a critical feature for invoicing - it is *not* acceptable to manually add a line item. Plus it doesn't look correct to have a Unit of 1. 

The lack of this feature is making it very hard for me to justify to my finance team why they should use Replicon for invoicing...

Please update the priority for this feature!