Task Assignment with hours limit

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Not Planned
Additionaly to the task estimation and the task assignment for a specific date range, it would be nice to assign people to a task only for certain amount of hours
So e.g. Fred Example could only book 10 hours to the task "Development" as he is assigned for 10 hours.
Photo of Meyer, Philipp

Meyer, Philipp

• 44 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Akbar Ali Khan

Akbar Ali Khan, Official Rep

• 185 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Phillip,

I understand your requirement here, have you tried using the timesheet validation rule 'Project/Task Estimates' on the timesheets, this validation prevents the users from logging time against a project/task on which the actual hours are logged have met the estimated hours.

Thanks,
Akbar.
Photo of Meyer, Philipp

Meyer, Philipp

• 44 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Akbar
Thanks for your reply. Yes, we use this already and this is a great feature!
The idea here is to limit the task assignment per person. We could achieve this with the task estimation that you mentioned by creating a task per person. However this could get quite confusing.
If we imagine having 10 different "Development xy" tasks, one for each developer, and the hour totals not summing up to a parent task "Development" - it s quite hard for project managers to keep track of their project.
Photo of Drema Herron

Drema Herron

• 51 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Do you use resource allocation within Replicon? You can set it up to limit the number of hours on a time sheet based on the hours allocated. Task hours are shared among all people assigned to a task, if Fred happens to be the only one assigned to the task he can perhaps self-manage his time against the estimated hours. The time sheet task % complete info should help. 
Photo of Meyer, Philipp

Meyer, Philipp

• 44 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Drema
Thanks for your reply. Yes, we use the resource allocation.
However in our case the resource allocation is used for team leads to handle their ressources and their employee's allocations while the project managers want to control their projects and limit tasks by setting task estimations. Therefore we use the task-based estimation mode.
Unfortunately, the % complete info is still not available for In-/Out Timesheets using the custom template...
Photo of Akbar Ali Khan

Akbar Ali Khan, Official Rep

• 185 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Philipp,

Thank you for using Replicon community,

I understand your requirement here, I have forwarded this to my product management team and will get back to with an update.

Thanks,
Akbar.
Photo of Charlene Eriksen

Charlene Eriksen, Product Manager

• 411 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes
Hi Philipp,

There are no plans for this currently, but we will keep this in mind for future planning.

Thanks,
Charlene