Subtract Breaktime from Timesheet

• Idea
  • Updated 4 days ago
  • Under Consideration
We migrated from Salesforce to Replicon, and assumed this function would already be in place in Replicon, as it is standard in Salesforce:

> A team member inputs working hours 0900-1700 = 8 hours.
> She then inputs 1 hour break-time from 1200-1300 = 1 hour.

The timesheet should automatically subtract the breaktime from the total hours worked = 7 hours for work time.

But it doesn't. 

Having to input 2 different work slots (0900-1200 followed by 1300-1700) is not a time-effective solution.

It takes too much time to do this for every day, Monday to Friday, 260 working days a year. 

The timesheet should be able to automatically subtract breaktime for work time, as is a standard feature for timesheets, Salesforce, Pacific, etc. 

I hope this can be resolved soon. 

Photo of Castro, Andrew

Castro, Andrew

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Disappointed

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Akbar Ali Khan

Akbar Ali Khan, Official Rep

• 159 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Andrew,

I understand your requirement here, I have forwarded this to my product management team and will get back to with an update.

Thanks,
Akbar.
Photo of Castro, Andrew

Castro, Andrew

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you Akbar - I spoke with the Product Management Team today who don't seem to have received this issue. I look forward to your update soon. 
Photo of Charlene Eriksen

Charlene Eriksen, Product Manager

• 409 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes
Hi Andrew,

I understand how this causes extra work for you and your team. Unfortunately, this isn't something we have plans to address in the short-term. I will add it to our backlog so it can be considered for future planning.

However, we do have a feature coming out soon which allows you to copy the rows from one day to another. This may help a bit as users will be able to enter the 3 entries (before break, break, after break) for the first day and then copy it to another day and update the times as necessary. Another option which is available is to copy time from a previous timesheet.

Thanks,
Charlene
Photo of Castro, Andrew

Castro, Andrew

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Charlene, thanks for your reply,
  • The ability to copy from one day to another would be a useful work-around in the short-term, glad to hear this is being developed. 
  • The system for copying time from the previous timesheet is a good idea, but flawed - if the month doesn't have the same number of days, then it doesn't work     i.e. August has 31 days, September has 30 days, so the system doesn't let you copy, you just get an error message. The only 2 months of the year that have exactly the same number of days are July and August, so this system is essentially useless for us (and, I assume, other users)
Our system is in Portuguese but the error message is also written in English as below

Castro
Photo of Charlene Eriksen

Charlene Eriksen, Product Manager

• 399 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes
We are working on an enhancement for the copying issue you mentioned. Soon you'll be able to copy even if there are different number of days in the month. The extra days will just be left blank.

Charlene