Sub-tasks rollup issue

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Running into the issue of capping project hours so that employees cannot charge on their time-sheet once the project limit has been reached. The issue now is that our company utilizes sub-tasks and those sub-tasks do not roll-up to the main tasks so I can set estimated hours within the project. Not sure why Replicon does not have the capability to roll-up sub-tasks hours charged when they have that feature.
Photo of Wong, Cody

Wong, Cody

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Isnor, Peggy

Isnor, Peggy

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
We have the same problem! Super frustrating.
Photo of Vinodh.V

Vinodh.V, Community Moderator

• 87 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hello Wong/ Isnor,

Thank you for posting in Replicon Community.

I would like to reconfirm if I understand you correctly.

You set up a project and then have tasks and sub-tasks created.

Now you define the Estimated hours in "Subtasks" only, now once the time is entered against them the estimated hours defined under the task must reflect under the project "Estimated hours"

If this is the set up the estimated hours are rolling up from the sub-tasks to the project.

Refer to the screenshot and let me know if this is your set up.

I can see that your current modules are "Time Bill" and 'Time Bill plus" 

I can see the estimated hours rolled up to the project.

Please do let us know if you have any further questions and we will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Regards,

Vinodh
(Edited)
Photo of Wong, Cody

Wong, Cody

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello,

Not quite on the structure that I am looking for. I need to be able to put "estimated" hours in the main task and have the sub-tasks hours rolled-up into that main tasks; such that, I can compare my total sub-tasks hours against the estimate that I put in the main task.

In the situation that you presented, I would put the estimated hours in the task "1", then I need the sub-tasks "1.1, 1.2, etc." to roll-up into the "1" task level.

Going into projects, I know the total amount of hours we must charge, but we do not know the exact allocation of those hours; thus, I cannot assign estimated hours to the sub-tasks.

Cody
Photo of Vinodh.V

• 87 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hello Wong,

Thank you for the detailed clarification about your query.

Currently, the task and subtask will roll up to the project level.

But subtask to the task roll-up is currently not available.

We will loop our PM team on this thread so that they can look into your requirement.

Regards,

Vinodh
Photo of Sandidge, Mollie

Sandidge, Mollie

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Please fix roll-up to task level.

In Gen2 I had the capability of rolling sub-task hours up to the task level.  Most of my projects have one or two tiers of sub-tasks and the "Estimate vs Actual" feature at the task or tier-one sub-task level is useless.  Please enable sub-tasks to roll-up to the task level.
Photo of Vinodh.V

• 87 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hello Sandidge,

Thank you for posting in Replicon Community.

We have merged your question with an existing post and the PM response will be followed.

Regards,

Vinodh