Reports - Running Billing Total

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Not Planned
I created a report which lists out the total billing for a project by timesheet period. I would like to add a column which shows the total billed at the end of of that timesheet period. How can I achieve this? 

My Current Report
Project	        Timesheet Period	  Billing
Project 1	Jan 4, 16 - Jan 10, 16	  $5,000 
Project 1	Jan 11, 16 - Jan 17, 16	  $5,000 
Project 1	Jan 18, 16 - Jan 24, 16	  $2,500 
The report I would like to have
Project	        Timesheet Period	  Billing	  Running Total
Project 1	Jan 4, 16 - Jan 10, 16	  $5,000 	  $5,000 
Project 1	Jan 11, 16 - Jan 17, 16	  $5,000 	  $10,000 
Project 1	Jan 18, 16 - Jan 24, 16	  $2,500 	  $12,500

Photo of Michael

Michael

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

Aashnee Kamboj, Community Moderator

• 1617 Posts
  • 110 Reply Likes
Hi Michael,

Thank you for using Replicon Community!

The billing amount here shows the total for that timesheet period. I wanted to understand how will the total at the end of the timesheet period differ from this value? Is there a way you calculate that? Do you have different numbers being maintained for the same?

Thanks,
Aashnee
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Aashnee -

The amount in the fourth column is the total billed through the end of that timesheet period. 

In the example I provided, the first week we billed $5,000 so $5,000 is the running total through the end of the first timesheet period. The 2nd week we billed another $5,000, so the running total is $10,000, the total billed week 1 & week 2. The 3rd week is the total of all 3 timesheet periods. 

Similar idea to what you see on credit card sites that show your running balance as you make each transaction. 

Make sense?

-Mike
Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

Aashnee Kamboj, Community Moderator

• 1617 Posts
  • 110 Reply Likes
Hi Mike,

I understand the requirement well now. While this is currently not possible, what I can suggest you is to enable "sum" on the last column. That will sum up all the rows amount. I have also forwarded this to my Team and will await a response from them.

Thanks,
Aashnee
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Aashnee - 

Enabling sum does not help with what I'm trying to achieve. I'm trying to add a column with the total amount billed to a project through the end of each timesheet period row. Let me know if there is anything I can do. 

-Mike
Photo of Sangeet Saurabh

Sangeet Saurabh

• 53 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Hi Mike,

This is a good idea. Currently there is no plan for this particular feature, but we will consider this for our future releases.

Thanks,
Sangeet