Repliconnect Gen2 - Get Project Role for New Timesheetrow

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Hi,

I'm really close to completing a Repliconnect project (connecting to Gen2). The last remaining (I hope!) issue is that I need to be able to add a new timesheet row, with the correct project role for the user. The online documentation has this an example edit/collection add query, which appears to work well. 

The problem is that the query requires the Id of the ProjectRole, and I cannot figure out how to get that value without elevated permissions. I have a solution (not elegant, but it works) to do this from my admin account, but when I attempt it from a user account it fails due to lack of permissions.

The user is able to add a row manually, and when they do, the billing rate/role is set automatically, so the user has enough permissions to get to the desired result, but I can't figure out how to get there! Is there a trick to this?

If it helps - for the relevant projects, each user will only have 1 role, and each task will be billable or non-billable (never both).

Thanks for any help!

Richard T
Photo of Townend, Richard

Townend, Richard

• 14 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Vinodh.V

Vinodh.V, Community Moderator

• 332 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hello Richard,

Thank you for posting your query in Replicon Community.

As I correctly understand you are trying to add timesheet rows based on the user permission using Repliconnect.

Ideally, the user profile is what decides the user permission and we might require more details about this requirement as this might require us to share service names that might be unique to your instance.

We would ask our Support team to connect with you based on your entitlement and will take it up from there.

Regards,
Vinodh.V
Photo of Townend, Richard

Townend, Richard

• 14 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks - that would be great. Based on your reply, I'm not sure that I described my problem clearly enough, but would be happy to talk with Support about it. Will they reach out to me next week?

Thanks,

Richard T
Photo of Vinodh.V

Vinodh.V, Community Moderator

• 332 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hello Richard,

Thank you for the response.

Our support team will reach out to you as per your company support entitlement.

Regards,
Vinodh.V
(Edited)