Replicon data to datawarehouse

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Hi,
We are planning to push Replicon timesheet data to datawarehouse for analytical purposes. Has anyone tried it before? If yes, then could you please share the best practices and strategies?
Photo of Nitin bhardwaj

Nitin bhardwaj

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Nuno Ferreira

Nuno Ferreira, Champion

• 193 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Hi!

We've created a simple service that reads pre-built reports on Replicon and them dumps them to a database. It first clears data from the database if we're pushing the same project/period.

Then, in the database we do some transformations and load the data to our proprietary analytical system. This system is versioned, so we don't have to worry about cleaning data.

Basically:
1) Create Replicon reports
2) Get data from reports (extraction)
3) Transform data
4) Load into ODS

We've got simple requirements. Don't know if this helps with your scenario.

Nuno
Photo of Nitin bhardwaj

Nitin bhardwaj

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Nuno.

We are trying something similar but I was wondering if uploading reports is a good idea. Thanks for giving a headsup. Also, I am wondering if we can have Audit trail (modified date timestamp) for departments, Users as well like in timesheet report template. This would allow us to update datawarehouse with only those items which were updated after the last load.

Best,
Nitin
Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

Aashnee Kamboj, Community Moderator

• 1623 Posts
  • 110 Reply Likes
Hi Nitin,

Thank you for using Replicon Community!

What Nuno replied is absolutely precise and accurate. We currently don't have an audit trail for User and Department and I see the requirement for it here. I will check internally if this is something in talks and plans already and will update you.

Thanks,
Aashnee