Remove resource from projects when they leave

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Acknowledged
When a user leaves our employment, we don't want to see their name as an option in planning resources. Could you either add a filter in both the Allocation and Resources views to give an option to see or not see disabled users, or have just have Replicon automatically remove the user from projects? Thanks.
Photo of Ballard, Elaine

Ballard, Elaine

• 26 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Vinodh.V

Vinodh.V, Community Moderator

• 312 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hello Elaine,

Thank you for posting your query in Replicon Community.

As I correctly understand you do not want to see the disabled resources showing up when allocating or you need functionality to exclude the resources that are disabled.

When a resource is disabled the system will not show their name on the list.

Please confirm if we are on the same page.

Note: Procedure to disable a user add an end date and disable the user profile under the license tab.

Please do share more information if my understanding is different from what is reported.

Regards,
Vinodh.V
Photo of Ballard, Elaine

Ballard, Elaine

• 26 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Vinodh.V.

You are correctly understanding but Replicon is not behaving in the way you say it should.

When a user leaves, I always enter an end date and disable their licence, but they're still showing as available resources.

Here's an example:
Jason & Josh are disabled users and have an end date:

Yet they are still showing against some projects:

Photo of Vinodh.V

• 312 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hello Elaine,

Thank you for the response.

We would like to understand and check a few things on your instance, we will ask our support team to reach out to you and assist you further on this reported problem.

Regards,
Vinodh.V
Photo of Ballard, Elaine

Ballard, Elaine

• 26 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ok, thanks Vinodh.V. I'll await their assistance. I would like it looked into a.s.a.p. because I'm currently housekeeping all open projects. Regards, Elaine.
Photo of Vinodh.V

• 312 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hello Elaine,

As per the discussion you had with our support team, it seems that you have already allocated the user and then disabled the user profile.

But I completely understand the point, our support team will share more details about this and what needs to be done next.

I will also add our PM team to this conversation to share there view on this behavior.

Regards,

Vinodh.V
Photo of Ballard, Elaine

Ballard, Elaine

• 26 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Vinodh.V.

The support team weren't able to remove disabled users, so I'm going to submit an "Idea" to have a filterĀ in both the Allocation and Resources views, to give the choice of seeing or not seeing disabled users.

Thanks.
Photo of Ballard, Elaine

Ballard, Elaine

• 26 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Filter added in both the Allocation and Resources views, to give the choice of se....

The support team aren't able to remove disabled users appearing in projects because they have historical resources added.

Please can there be a filter added in both the Allocation and Resources views, to give the choice of seeing or not seeing disabled users?

Thanks, Elaine
Photo of Vinodh.V

• 312 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hello Elaine,

As per the support conversation, your requirement is not to see the user name in the list once he is disabled or functionality to add a filter.

The current behavior is that the user name is visible as he is allocated previously.

This idea is been forwarded to our PM team to share their thoughts on this functionality.

We appreciate your efforts to bring this up and your time working with our support team.

Regards,

Vinodh.V
(Edited)