Release notes Aug 8 - Aug 14 2016

• Announcement
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • (Edited)
This week, we added support for negative time entry, made improvements related to time off and ADP exports, and fixed a few issues.

Negative time entry to correct billing and costing errors

If you’re using TimeCost Plus, TimeBill Plus, Professional Services Automation, Professional Portfolio Management, you can now allow users to enter negative durations in timesheets.

You can enable negative time entry by checking the Allow negative durations option in the Time Distribution Grid component of the user’s timesheet template. Any user who can edit the timesheet will be able enter negative time.

This option should only be used to make adjustments for billing or costing errors. Negative time entry should never be used to make adjustments on timesheets used for payroll, even if you’re correcting a costing or billing error. Including negative values in timesheets used to calculate payroll can result in incorrect or failed pay calculations.

Note, this feature is not yet available in Replicon Mobile, but should be available in the app within the next week.

New options when setting start dates for anniversary-based default time off policies

If you’re using Time Off Plus or Enterprise, previously you could set time off policies to start a given number of years after the user’s start date. Now, you can use increments of days or months, too. So now, for example, you can set an initial policy to come into effect 90 days after the employee’s start date, to account for a probationary period.

Improved access to time off balance information

If you’re using Time Off Plus or Enterprise, the user’s current time off balance for each time off type now displays above each current policy in their user profile.

A view transactions link is also now available. This link will take you to the Payroll > Time Off > Time Off Balances tab, where you can view information on how the user’s balance for that type was determined.

ADP export for pay@work

An ADP export formatted for use with pay@work is now available. If you use pay@work, contact Replicon Support to have this format enabled in your instance.

Fixed issues

• In companies with a password expiry period set, users are not prompted to reset their passwords according to the expiry schedule. Note, as part of this fix, employees in companies with this setting enabled will be prompted to reset their passwords sometime in the next few days.
  • On the Team or Payroll > Time Punches > Detail page, the blue triangle indicating a punch has been edited may display for original punches that have not been edited.
  • In reports based on the Task Time, Expense, Cost & Billing data template, time entry or expense custom fields may not sum correctly if the Entry Date column is excluded from the report.
  • If you search for a task with a long name that includes a slash (/) on an In/Out format timesheet, only the end of the name may display in search results.
Photo of Paula Tannahill

Paula Tannahill, Official Rep

• 154 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of John C Findley

John C Findley

• 76 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Is this the main reason that all of our enhancement requests specific to the Legacy product suite have gone unanswered or "delayed" for years in some cases ?
It appears the developers may have been too busy enhancing the New product suite.
Photo of Charlene Eriksen

Charlene Eriksen, Product Manager

• 334 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
Hi John,

It is true that our development team has been focused on new functionality, which is part of the new product suite. We've been working hard on our new timesheet, time off, and notification platforms, which are designed to improve performance and enable our customers to meet their unique requirements. However, we've also spent time on items in the current product suite - for example we completely redesigned and expanded our invoicing system.

I apologize that we haven't been able to get to some of your requests. I hope it helps to know that all our existing customers will have the opportunity to move to the new product suite in future so you can take advantage of everything we've been working on.

Thanks,
Charlene
Photo of John C Findley

John C Findley

• 76 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes

Hello Charlene.

Many great ideas have been shared in this community and responded to in a positive manner. Unfortunately, many of those ideas which benefit the clients have not come to fruition as stated many times over in the past 2 years.

Add to this I am informed there is an upgrade that I may have the "opportunity to move to"? What does this mean ? If I as the client wish to see the features that I've been seeking, I have to pay more to now ?

When will the newer and better features be available to the clients that have been with Replicon for several years ?

Photo of Charlene Eriksen

Charlene Eriksen, Product Manager

• 334 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
Hi John,

Apologies for the delay - I've been travelling recently.

We don't have a firm timeline for when we will move customers to the newer product suite. Right now, there are still some gaps - for example, some less used timesheet features may not be available on the new timesheet platform yet. As we address these gaps, we'll be asking customer if they are interested in moving and discuss what's involved.

However, wherever possible, new features are being made available in both the old and new products. As I mentioned, invoicing has been made available in the older products. Our new cost allocation functionality and user profile improvements will be made available in both as well. It's only when we have two parallel platforms (eg current and new timesheet) that the functionality is segregated by product, in part to reduce confusion and complexity for our customers.

I hope that answers your question.

Thanks,
Charlene