Purging old data from database to help with load times?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Wondering if it possible to request Replicon to purge old data from system that has went beyond a company's data retention policy?  I ask this because when we were self-hosted, the CEO or final approver of everything always had the slowest load times due to the amount of data/approvals that were associated with account from 10 years of using Replicon system. 
Photo of Network Administrator

Network Administrator

• 89 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Lingaraj Dharwad

Lingaraj Dharwad, Product Champion

• 1100 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi,

Yes, we can delete the data up to a certain point upon your request. However, deletion of data is not necessary to improve load times. 

Regards,
Lingaraj

Network Administrator

• 89 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Thanks for the quick answer.  This is good information to know.  When our CEO loads the "Team" page and then "Timesheets".....8000+  timesheet records are displayed in random order unless sorted by date or status.
Photo of Jeanne Bovenkerk

Jeanne Bovenkerk

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I learned an interesting fact recently from Javed S at Replicon Support that I hope is helpful here. The more tasks you have in a project, the longer the load time for everyone who is assigned to that project. Here is his explanation to me:  

"When a users logs in and when the timesheet loads, it has to pick up all the projects/tasks to which the user is assigned to, at that point of time. So, once the timesheet is loaded, it will show all the projects and tasks associated with that user in the selection menu of the Timesheet.

So, to keep it in short, it will validate or pick up all the projects / tasks to which the user is associated with, regardless of the projects selection on the timesheet."

End of comment.

Network Administrator

• 89 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes

Thanks Jeanne, very good info.  Kinda contradicts the fact that data amounts/tasks don't affect load times huh.... ??

Photo of Jeanne Bovenkerk

Jeanne Bovenkerk

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
LoL!  One question I should have asked was if the Replicon status of a project helps reduce the load time. For example, do projects with an "archived" status fall under the validation that affects load time. If yes, then perhaps purging old data is a good idea. Or purging the teamlist off the projects upon archiving is a best practice.  If you get clarification, do share here.