Project Manager Permission set with Reports - Problem

• Problem
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Acknowledged
Hello, I am trying to align a project manager (PM) permission set with the Project Template report. I am assuming I am trying to setup a very common structure, however could not find a post relating to this.

Desire: I would like to have PMs that can see all projects, tasks, and allocations. I also would like them to have Resource Manager permissions (ideally). However, I would like the PM to only see the Estimates, Cost and Billing data for their projects. This should be reflected in reports as well as the project tab. This seems like it should be achievable, given the checkboxes available in the PM permission set.

To sum it up, I would like PMs that can view data and generate reports for their projects only, showing all the relevant data, without seeing the sensitive data from other projects. However, as a PM, they should know the basic data (name of project, resource allocations) from all projects.

Problem: When assigned a PM permission set (see picture), the user can see all projects, tasks and allocations as intended. Similarly, in the project tab, only the billing and cost data for their project is available.

Unfortunately, with this permission set, when the same user runs a report from the Project Template, the billing, cost, and estimate data is available from All projects. To me this seems like an error. What is the point of having this permission set, if when running a report it does not work as described?

I have tried some work arounds to generate reports specific to the PM, however I feel like the project template should reflect this permission set and am hoping this can be fixed!

Photo of Jeff Bethune

Jeff Bethune

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Akbar Ali Khan

Akbar Ali Khan, Official Rep

• 159 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Jeff,

Thank you for using Replicon community,

This could be due to the historic approvals or due to other permissions assigned to the user, We will have our support team reach out to you to investigate this issue further.

Thanks,
Akbar.
Photo of Jeff Bethune

Jeff Bethune

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have investigated with the support team, but there does not seem to be a way to set up the permissions with the description I have provided in the original post.
Photo of Akbar Ali Khan

Akbar Ali Khan, Official Rep

• 159 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Jeff,

We have involved the subject matter expert team at our end to look into this as well, we will update you on this.

Thanks,
Akbar.