Major Feature Launched Last Month:
Mandatory Custom Fields, a Timesheet Validation Rule
Timesheets are important. Companies use them to gather data used in all kinds of business-critical functions – payroll, client billing, project costing, budgeting and forecasting, labor law compliance, staff resourcing, audit preparedness, and productivity tracking, to name just a few.
So, the integrity of timesheet data matters. In the best case scenario, an error will cost a company time to track down and fix. In the worst case, errors aren’t found and then have downstream consequences to those critical business functions.
The goal of all timesheet validation rules is to keep data valid. Replicon comes pre-packaged with over a dozen validation rules that check for common errors. There are the basic rules:
- Hours-based rules that check hours entered fall into the expected daily, weekly, or schedule limits
- Date restrictions that ensure time entries fall between start and end dates for users and projects
- Punch validations that confirm every In time has an Out time and that there aren’t any overlapping segments
- Meal Break Enforcement helps ensure companies stay compliant with the break laws of their jurisdiction
- Project/Task Estimates helps prevent cost over-runs by warning employees when hours entered are approaching the hours estimate for that project/task
We regularly add new pre-defined rules that are configurable for all Plus-level customers. For companies with more specific needs, our Enterprise-level products allow for full customization of rules.
Pay rates table
When it comes to paying employees, no single model fits all companies. While many companies associate each employee with a single pay rate, other organizations use more complex criteria to determine pay.
In the latter case, pay may be based on factors such as:
- The activity the employee performs while working
- The shift they work, or
- Custom options they select when submitting their time
To help our customers handle cases like the mover’s that are too complex for pay rules or custom fields alone, we’re building a pay rates table into Replicon. This table will work in coordination with pay rules and will allow customers to:
- Base pay on multiple criteria
- Easily define and view all pay combinations that are used in their organization
- Update and maintain pay rates as they change over time
- Associate all rate changes with effective dates
Please contact your Customer Success Manager to learn how to enable new features in your current environment or for more information on customization of validation rules.
Be the first to post a reply!