Password complexity

• Problem
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
My new Password is now on a sticky note on my PC.  To get one "Good" enough I had to use a password generator, and it came up with a sequence I can't possibly remember - SO I had to write it down and put it in several places.  This is NOT, contrary, to your Nerd thinking an improvement in security.  Congrats.  You might want to occasionally step into the real world of your users
Photo of Emery, Laurie

Emery, Laurie

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Akbar Ali Khan

Akbar Ali Khan, Official Rep

• 185 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Emery,

We apologize about the inconvenience this has caused however this is in place due to security reasons as Replicon contains a lot of sensitive information such as billing data, payroll data, employee details and other confidential information.

Here are few tips which will help you in setting up a password with good strength rating.
  • Password should be minimum of 8 characters
  • Should be combination of letters and numbers
  • Should contain Special characters
  • Should not contain word "Password" and its variants such as "P@$$word"
  • Should not contain login name or its variants
  • Should not have sequential numbers, example: "Te$t1234" will be taken as a weak password, however "Te$t3257!" is a strong password.
Photo of Averill, Josh

Averill, Josh

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Your password requirements are Ridiculous!  Absolutely ABSURD.  It took me more time to come up with a password than it did to approve timesheets.  HUGE WASTE OF MY TIME.  My bank has fewer restrictions.  And you’re not sorry for the inconvenience.  The very least you could do is write out what the requirements are on the “change your password” page.  Every time I came up with some new too-complex-to-ever-remember-thus-requiring-me-to-write-down-thus-eliminating-whatever-security-you’re-trying-to-impose password, the system told me it needed some other element.  Thanks for wasting my time and making me mad enough to write this stupid comment.

Photo of Vinodh.V

Vinodh.V, Community Moderator

• 330 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hello Averill,

Sorry to hear about the rough time with the password complexity.

We completely understand the situation here but this is an option that can be changed by your Organization Administrator.

As an Administrator, they can change the password complexity requirement and we would request you to talk to your internal Admin if you are facing inconvenience with the complexity of the password requirement.

Our intention is to keep your data safe.

Every organization has a password policy and it is managed by your internal Admin and this can be modified by them.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

V.Vinodh
(Edited)