New Requirement- Allocation Carry Forward

• Idea
  • Updated 3 months ago
Hope you are aware of the current impact on all business due to COVID19, as a business is down so everyone is planning to work with the limited resources to overcome this situation

Let say I have been allocated to a Project- X with 40 Hours per Month, Which will be 10 hours approx per week as per Replicon. Since I need to work on multiple projects, I cant spend 10 hours on one single project. So let's say in Project-X for the first week my allocation has been changed to 5 hours and I would like my remaining hours in the project should be carried forward to the next weeks. 

But in the current system, if I adjust the hours, replicon is not carrying forwarding my balance to the next week and reduces from my total allocation and that will affect my SOW hours. Below is the screenshot for reference.

Here if you see Senthil got 40 hours for May month and the first week of May I would have 10 hours allocated as per the System. But I would not need 10 hours for this project,  I would need only 5 hours, So if I change the hours from 10 to 5 on the first week of May, it reduces from the total allocation of 40 hours, Which it should not happen. If I change my hours on the first week of May from 10 to 5 hours,  the remaining 5 hours to carry forwarded to next weeks or equally shared for all other weeks ( Within our total allocation period). So that their won't be any changes to the total 40 hours, which has been allocated.

Photo of Kumar Natarajan, Senthil

Kumar Natarajan, Senthil

• 34 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Vinodh.V

Vinodh.V, Community Moderator

• 331 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hello Senthil,

Thank you for posting your query in Replicon Community.

As I correctly understand, your requirement is to carry forward the allocated hours to the next week.

In Replicon, the resource manager or the project manager allocates the resources and the system does not automatically move the hours forward.

You can manually change the allocation as per the current status.

Sample:

You can click the existing allocation and make the changes are per your requirement and you can also do a mass import the allocation using RIA (Replicon Import Addin)

To know more about RIA, please refer to the below article:

https://www.replicon.com/help/using-the-replicon-import-add-in-ria/

Note: Before using this tool, request you to contact support to get more information about this.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Vinodh.V

Kumar Natarajan, Senthil

• 34 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Vinodh,

I know how to change the hours manually in the allocation part. My questions is,  lets say this week I was allocated 50 hours by the system, based on the total hours I have updated. Let's say for May- the total hours I have been allocated are 200 hours, so for this week, the system allocated me 50 hours. But in reality, I don't see 50 hours week for one Project, i might need only 25 hours, (so my human hours can be used in other projects) . So I can go to this week's allocation and change form 50 to 25. So my requirement is, will that remaining 25 hours be moved automatically to the next week or evenly split to all weeks, until the end of the allocation period.
Photo of Vinodh.V

Vinodh.V, Community Moderator

• 331 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hello Senthil,

I understand your requirement is to have the balance hours moved to next week or adjusted equally.

Currently, our system will overwrite the previous allocation done with the new number

I will have this assigned to our Project management team as an idea.

Thank you for your time and efforts to post this idea in Community.

Regards,

Vinodh.V

Kumar Natarajan, Senthil

• 34 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks Vinodh,

This will be another exciting feature of replicon, which will impress many users. Awaiting for your response.