Need some clarification on timesheet approval paths

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Answered
I believe this is how timesheet approval paths work in a nutshell:

- Approvers can either be assigned based on their role (i.e. project manager) or by being hard coded to the path by their name. If assigned based on role, they only approve timesheets that include hours relevant to their projects. If hard coded, the approver would be required to approve all timesheets regardless of how the hours are allocated. 

Say for example an employee submits a timesheet, several approvers approve the timesheet, but one of the approvers opens it in order to make edits to a specific project.

When it is resubmitted, which approvers will be asked to approve that timesheet again?

Will it just be those included based on their role as a project manager or just those who are hard coded?

I know sometimes in these situations, Replicon will "auto approve" on behalf of one or more of the approvers. Is it just those assigned by role who's project hours were not changed?

For example, say Tom is PM for ABC company project and he reopens Jim's timesheet to change some hours. Hours towards DEF company project belonging to Judy are not changed in any way. Judy already approved the timesheet before Tom reopened it. Will Judy be asked to approve again? 

Sorry if this is confusing, just looking for some clarification as to what actions trigger what results. 
Photo of Barens, Kelly

Barens, Kelly

• 81 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Charlene Eriksen

Charlene Eriksen, Product Manager

• 421 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Hi Kelly,

If Judy approves as a project manager, then she would not need to reapprove the timesheet.

Generally speaking, whether you need to reapprove depends on in what capacity you are approving. If you are approving the timesheet as a whole - for eg a supervisor or named approver - you will need to reapprove any changes. If you are approving as a project manager, you only need to reapprove if the time for your projects has been changed. 

Additionally, if the approver is the person who edits the timesheet, it will be automatically approved for them as well. The implication is if you've changed the data, you are happy with the new values.

Hope that helps!

Charlene
Photo of Vinodh.V

Vinodh.V, Community Moderator

• 51 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Kelly,

Greetings from Replicon Support.

We understand your query and we would like to check the setup and the approval path that is set up for your organization.

We will ask our Support Team to get in touch with you so that we can discuss the approval process and behavior in detail.

Our Support team will reach out to you.

Regards,

Vinodh. V
Photo of Barens, Kelly

Barens, Kelly

• 81 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Would it be possible for you to just confirm whether my understanding of the approval process is accurate? 

I can tell you that we have many approval paths that include both roles and hard coded approvers. I just need to know what triggers them having to reapprove a timesheet that has been altered. 
Photo of Vinodh.V

Vinodh.V, Community Moderator

• 51 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Kelly,

Thank you for the response.

Please do check the response from our PM (Charlene Eriksen) and let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Vinodh. V
(Edited)