Mobile App improvements for TEAM functionality please...

• Idea
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Under Consideration

I am requesting that the App allow for the team functionality/calendar that I get on my desktop site on my mobile App 

It appears to be limited to adding time off for myself and maybe approving current requests.  Before I approve a request, I always find it helpful to view the team/company calendar to see who else is off at the same time.

Also, we don't allow all employees to enter their own time off, plus if they are off sick, it is usually the boss that enters that time in.  The functionality to book time-off on behalf of your direct reports through Replicon Mobile app is not available.  This is unfortunate in today's mobile world where we are not always at our desks.

Photo of Michael

Michael

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

Aashnee Kamboj

• 1657 Posts
  • 116 Reply Likes
Hi Michael,

We understand your concern. We will have this idea forwarded internally to our mobile development team and will update the thread in case of any progress.

Thanks,
Aashnee
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

I thought I would drop a note in here to request an update as it appears that nothing has been done in over a year. Perhaps this is just a lack of communication and lots of work has been done.

As mentioned in my original post, supervisors are not always at their desks and not all staff of our are entering in their own requests so there is a significant functionality gap between the web-based solution and the very limited functionality of the app. When a staff member calls in sick, even if they have the ability to enter their own entry, that is likely the last thing on their mind. Timeliness is always critical for these types of entries so they are not overlooked or forgotten in the busyness of everyday life.

Then there is the calendar view! Who else is away? Does this vacation request work with the rest of the team? Is there any overlap? The App does not tell us that. We need to login to a computer to view that.

It would be appreciated if Replicon could communicate a timeline and a strategy to close the functionality gap between APP and web-based. Isn't the whole world gearing more and more towards apps and away from web-based technology?

Thanks!

Photo of Charlene Eriksen

Charlene Eriksen, Product Manager

• 445 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Hi Michael, 

My team has let me know you were looking for an update on this item. I apologize for the lack of response to your previous post - we are certainly extremely long overdue on getting back to you!

I definitely can see the value in what you are looking for and I agree that more and more tasks are being done via mobile apps. Providing managers more capabilities for managing their teams and making educated approval decisions makes sense and is on our long-term backlog. That being said, unfortunately we aren't able to provide a timeline at the moment as there are other big projects in the works currently.

Thanks,
Charlene
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Wow. I don't even know what to say. Three years ago I post a suggestion that no one has pushed back as to its merit and add much needed functionality. I will officially say that the App in its current state is pretty much useless for running staff, departments, or organizations - I might as well delete it.

In three years, there were always other projects and priorities. This improvement has never even made it to a queue. I am sure that there have been lots of improvements to the various product lines over time. Unfortunately, with us only using WTO, we have seen little or no improvements. As such, Replicon might as well reply and say, "Great idea, but improving the App will never happen. We will stop pretending that this improvement is a possibility as we always find something more important to work on." I am not offended. Shoot down the suggestion. But please don't pretend that this improvement is going to happen at some point. The App is dead.

• 445 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Hi Michael,

I can certainly understand the frustration. While we haven't added much in this area, we have made significant improvements in our mobile app, such as completely revamping our timesheet UI and automating suggestions for quicker time entry. While I know this doesn't help you, it does show that we are continually enhancing our mobile app.

As I'm sure you can understand, we have many worthy requests for functionality and it can be difficult to get to them all. While this may not be high on our list currently, if other customers were to add their votes to this, it would help move it up the list. So far we haven't heard much in this area, so we've focused on items that have higher demand. But that can change as customer needs evolve. And when requests like this are raised, I like to keep them on our backlog, so it's on our radar and we can watch demand and continually review it against other priorities. I apologize we can't provide more concrete info for you.

Thanks,
Charlene 
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Hi Charlene,

Thank you for this detailed response. Let's be clear. I GET IT. My frustration comes from being "strung along" like it was going to happen. It isn't. I am guessing the number of customers using WTO is way less than Timesheet. I know from past experience that the number of customer actually using "voting" and "suggestion" processes is very low. I think if you looked through your interaction/usage statistics for the voting/suggestion site, the ratio of customers engage to total number of customers would be incredibly low. If Replicon is basing is priorities on votes instead of functionality, then we are done for (we realized this long ago). I personally have not read through a single other user's post or voted. Why would I expect differently from anyone else?

So we combine a "low usage" software (WTO) with a "low(er) usage feedback method" (voting portal), and there ZERO chance of this getting done. I am fine with this. This could have been said three years ago. We are a almost "zero" noise customer - go ahead and look up how many times we have actually interacted with Replicon - very low. Between our two organization, we get a bill once a year and pay it once a year - other than this, practically zero contact. But then we need to stop having every "new" Customer Management staff that is assigned to us asking me what we, as the customer, need help with. We have not found any other deficiency for what we ask the WTO software to do. This is the ONLY thing we have ever requested and it has not been done. There is no point in asking us what we need, if the request cannot be fulfilled.

There you have all the cards on the table.

• 445 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Hi Michael,

I agree that it would be better if the community was more active, but we don't need other customers to vote or add comments to the same suggestion for it to be prioritized higher. The Product Management team reviews all the posts that are added in the community and looks for trends when doing so. So if there are multiple posts for the same item, we can see that demand is rising for that item. We've added several features recently based on the fact that, over time, there were many voices on the community asking for a solution.

I hope this helps a bit and I will also ensure your feedback makes it to our Customer Success team.

Thanks again,
Charlene