Mobile App improvements for TEAM functionality please...

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Under Consideration

I am requesting that the App allow for the team functionality/calendar that I get on my desktop site on my mobile App 

It appears to be limited to adding time off for myself and maybe approving current requests.  Before I approve a request, I always find it helpful to view the team/company calendar to see who else is off at the same time.

Also, we don't allow all employees to enter their own time off, plus if they are off sick, it is usually the boss that enters that time in.  The functionality to book time-off on behalf of your direct reports through Replicon Mobile app is not available.  This is unfortunate in today's mobile world where we are not always at our desks.

Photo of Michael

Michael

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

Aashnee Kamboj, Community Moderator

• 1547 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
Hi Michael,

We understand your concern. We will have this idea forwarded internally to our mobile development team and will update the thread in case of any progress.

Thanks,
Aashnee
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

I thought I would drop a note in here to request an update as it appears that nothing has been done in over a year. Perhaps this is just a lack of communication and lots of work has been done.

As mentioned in my original post, supervisors are not always at their desks and not all staff of our are entering in their own requests so there is a significant functionality gap between the web-based solution and the very limited functionality of the app. When a staff member calls in sick, even if they have the ability to enter their own entry, that is likely the last thing on their mind. Timeliness is always critical for these types of entries so they are not overlooked or forgotten in the busyness of everyday life.

Then there is the calendar view! Who else is away? Does this vacation request work with the rest of the team? Is there any overlap? The App does not tell us that. We need to login to a computer to view that.

It would be appreciated if Replicon could communicate a timeline and a strategy to close the functionality gap between APP and web-based. Isn't the whole world gearing more and more towards apps and away from web-based technology?

Thanks!