Mass Projects / Tasks Updates

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Under Consideration
Within the 7.5 inhouse database we utilized for several years, I was able to perform mass updates to the projects / tasks. This was ideal for when an employee leaves employment and is replaced by another employee. the replacement would need to receive the same task within the respective projects.
Unless I am missing it, currently all i am able to do is enter each individual project and make the necessary changes. 
We have 100's of projects. To perform the current procedure even for a handful of projects is very time consuming.
We are on Gen3

Thanks.
Photo of John C Findley

John C Findley

• 76 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Hi Henry, 

I totally agree with you Henry, Why is this Under Consideration, this should be a top priority seeing as so many Replicon user want this change done ASAP, not in 6 months time or later. Come on Replicon sooner than later please. Patients is getting rather thin.
Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

Aashnee Kamboj, Community Moderator

• 1657 Posts
  • 114 Reply Likes
Hi Rose,

This is easily addressed through our Import Tool RIA. Have you tried accessing the tool?

Thanks,
Aashnee
Photo of Charlene Eriksen

Charlene Eriksen, Product Manager

• 394 Posts
  • 41 Reply Likes
Hi Henry and Rose,

I've brought this up within the Product Management team again. We are doing a review of commitments and requests at the end of next week. We hope to have some information for you after that.

Thank you,
Charlene
Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
That's great news, as we have waited a long time for this to be done, sooner than later, I will keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks 

Rose
Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Hi Charlene,

Any new updates, 3 weeks since the last communication. 
Let's hope it's realllllly good news

Regards

Rose
Photo of Sangeet Saurabh

Sangeet Saurabh

• 53 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Hi Rose,

Roadmap planning is still in progress. We will have update for you as soon as roadmap is finalized.

Thank you for your patience...

Sangeet
Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Great News, Cannot wait, it is so needed for all your Customers
Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Any news on when this available, this request is over a year old now?

Thanks

Rose
Photo of Henry Ngai

Henry Ngai

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Sangeet, 

We have been really very patient.... it's now another 4 weeks, I really wish you can give us a solid answer about how this feature is being scheduled on your roadmap. We are so tired of this never ending back and forth. It's crystal clear that this feature is not only a good to have, but should be available from day one and much needed by most users. Please, don't just set it aside adn reply us with empty promise again!

Thanks,
Henry
Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Hi Henry, 

I totally agree with everything you have said, its have been over a year of waiting, I my patients is also getting very thin. Come on Replicon get this function up & running ASAP.

Rose
Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

• 1657 Posts
  • 114 Reply Likes
HI Henry,

I apologize for all the delay and inconvenience caused. Let me check on this and get back to you.

Aashnee
Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

• 1657 Posts
  • 114 Reply Likes
HI Henry,

I apologize for all the delay and inconvenience caused. Let me check on this and get back to you.

Aashnee
Photo of John C Findley

John C Findley

• 76 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
My original requests on this subject date back to our re-implementation of this environment, February 2014.

YES or NO ... will we see this feature ???
Maybe an officer within the development team or "road map" team could enlighten us, the clients.

Thank you.
Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Hi 

I totally agree with John, Very poor show Replicon, this is a requirement that your Clients really need NOW NOT LATER

Not impressed
Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Hi Aashnee

Any news yet????

Rose
Photo of Chanakya Damarla

Chanakya Damarla, Employee

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Rose, John and Henry:

I appreciate everyone's patience and understand your frustration. I am also sorry that it has taken so long to get a clear indication from us on when this feature will be released. 

The PM team at Replicon has prioritized this feature and it is targeted for completion in January 2017. As we release features incrementally, you should see some progress on this feature in Q4 of 2016. 

Again, I appreciate your patience.
- Chanu
Photo of Mastronardi, Jodi

Mastronardi, Jodi

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Glad to hear this is on the list. We also have the need to be able to make updates to multiple projects simultaneously. I'd love to be able to add or delete project resources (whether individuals or departments) or to be able to select multiple projects and change their status (i.e. from in progress to archived for example)
Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Hi, 

I agree with all Jodi's suggestions, as our company is getting bigger all time therefore creating more projects & tasks, the more we can use the Mass Projects & Tasks update feature. It would make life so much easier with the extra suggestions that have been made. Personally I cannot wait for this feature, I still cannot understand how it was a feature in Gen 2 & not Gen 3

Rose
Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Hi,

Any updates yet of when before the end of the year????

Here's hoping

Rose
Photo of Henry Ngai

Henry Ngai

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Chanakya,

Please, do let us know if any progress on this feature update. Even just a small progress, that will
let us feel our feedback are being taken care of.

Thanks,
Henry
Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Hi,

It's two weeks ago since Henry & myself 3 weeks ago asked for a update this feature, as yet no one has got back to Henry or myself. So can we please have an update as this a much needed URGENT  feature for your Customers

Thanks

Rose
Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

• 1657 Posts
  • 114 Reply Likes
Hi All,

As per our product management team's post this feature is in works. Unfortunately we don't have an ETA yet. While this comes up we do request you all to try our RIA tool. This tool helps you mass edit in an effective way.

Thanks,
Aashnee Kamboj
Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Hi Aashnee,

Thanks for the reply, early this year we were told the function would be ready early next year with the comment below:-

The PM team at Replicon has prioritized this feature and it is targeted for completion in January 2017. As we release features incrementally, you should see some progress on this feature in Q4 of 2016.  This sent by Replicon 2 months ago.

So are you saying this is not happening now in January?

Not a Happy Customer

Rose
Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Hi, Any news yet? It's 2 months since I last ask the question of what's happening we  were told some progress on this feature Q4??

I

Thanks

Rose
Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
HI, Can someone please update us on what is happening to the Mass Projects/ Task Updates??

It's 2 years since this question was first put to Replicon.

Thanks

Rose
(Edited)
Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
HI, Can someone please update us on what is happening to the Mass Projects/ Task Updates??

Comment from Replicon 5 months ago:-

The PM team at Replicon has prioritized this feature and it is targeted for completion in January 2017. As we release features incrementally, you should see some progress on this feature in Q4 of 2016. 

It's over 2 years since this question was first put to Replicon.

Thanks
Photo of Tom Tobin

Tom Tobin

• 13 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Ok, based on this idea, the others merged, and the comments, there are 3 main features that seem to be here:
  1. when copying a project, be able to offset the task start dates, so that the task start dates in the new project are as many dates away from the project start date as the original tasks were from the original project start date
    1. so that when you copy a project, you can move all the tasks in the project together and keep the relative dates of the project and task the same, as you move the project date into the future
  2. change the set of fields in the project info screen for a project, and the project status, for a set of projects at the same time
    1. so that you can mass change the project statuses for a set of projects
    2. or mass change an OEF tying the project to a cost center or other data
    3. or mass change the project manager
  3. mass change users
    1. mass add users to projects - so that you can add new users to a set of projects. It wouldn't assign them to tasks, though.
    2. mass remove users to projects and their tasks - this would remove a user or users from a list of projects, and remove them from any tasks they were assigned to. It would do this for past and future tasks.
    3. replace users - for a list of projects, remove a given user or users, and where they are removed, add in a new user or users
Does this seem right?

Are there more cases than this? Is there another one to mass edit tasks to change their status to/from completed?
Photo of Mastronardi, Jodi

Mastronardi, Jodi

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks Tom. This seems to capture at least the features I was hoping to see added!
Photo of Alex Popovici

Alex Popovici

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Was there a resolution to this excellent list of improvement requirements?
Photo of dcraig

dcraig

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Adding Expense Codes to Existing Projects.

I have a suggestion regarding adding new expense codes to existing projects. Every year I update the mileage rate based on the IRS's reimbursement guidelines, but there is not an option in Replicon to add this new expense type to all active projects at once (a mass edit). It would be very helpful and much more efficient if I were able to do this , but instead I have to manually add this new expense type to every project individually.
Photo of dcraig

dcraig

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I received the following reply to my original post, which was added to this thread.

Hi Danielle,

You can use our Replicon Import Addin (RIA). This tool helps you mass edit. I am also merging your request with an existing post on Mass Edit feature. We have requested for different scenarios on why you will need a mass edit on projects and this can be a classic example. Till we look into the introduction of the feature within the system, I request you to please use RIA.

Thanks,
Aashnee Kamboj
Photo of dcraig

dcraig

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Aashnee,

Per discussion with your support group, this is not an option for mass edit in RIA.

thanks,
danielle
Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Hi,
I am assuming from Tom's post that the function that we have been waiting will actually happen?

Here's hoping

Rose
Photo of Ivantsova, Ekaterina

Ivantsova, Ekaterina

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Simplify the process of assigning tasks to the project team.

Our projects are very dynamic. Employees are being added to projects very frequently. In addition, we are getting ready to set up 20+ tasks to each project. The current process of assigning tasks to users to users is very inconvenient. Every time we have a new employee on the project, we have to go to each one of 20 tasks and make sure they are assigned to this user and do it again for other employees! And sometimes we have 100+ users per site! There are various ways to make this process more convenient, for example automatically suggest to assign all tasks to a new user or mass edit task assignments. Please figure out the way to make it more efficient for your customers
Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes

Sent 2 months ago:-
Hi,
I am assuming from Tom's post that the function that we have been waiting will actually happen?

Here's hoping

Rose

It's over 2 years since this question was first put to Replicon

It's so time consuming for your Customers, you say we should use the RIA, this does not work properly, We should not have to use RIA., Replicon should be making it easier for their Customers not harder, also this was able on Gen 2 now it's not.

Not happy

Rose