Limit of comment (description) in their time sheet

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Acknowledged
When our staff typing the comments in their time sheet seems they can fill only 256 characters and we would like to get more or unlimited as they always put so many comments in their time sheet.
Photo of Wailom, Supinya

Wailom, Supinya

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Yamuna G

Yamuna G, Employee

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Supinya, 

Currently the limit on Timesheet comments is set to 256 characters. Would you be able to help me with some examples or your use case which would help our PM team to review this product suggestion. 

Thanks 
Yamuna G
Photo of Merrill, Amy

Merrill, Amy

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
My Team also uses the Comments in the time sheet extensively.  We include details of all tasks performed for each client listed on the time sheet, as well as notes on the time spent performing the tasks.  These comments are provided to the clients in Activity Sheets to justify the costs charged for the month.  Therefore it is very important that we have sufficient space to list the various tasks.  We would also need Unlimited characters.  We did not encounter this limit in Gen2.  The 256 character limit in Gen3 is a serious limitation for us.
Photo of Waleed Ansari

Waleed Ansari

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
We, at Business Brokers Sydney also use notes and comments extensively . I think it is better for comments to be with no shorter limit.
Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

Aashnee Kamboj, Community Moderator

• 1521 Posts
  • 106 Reply Likes
HI All,

Thank you for providing us with the scenarios. We will have the same communicated to our Product Management team and update you in case of any progress on the same.