Issues with Gen3 Quickbooks Integration

• Idea
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Under Consideration
A few months ago, we switched from the Gen2 to Gen 3 platform and we’ve been having issues getting the Quickbooks integration working. It takes us over 5 times as long to do our monthly billing (days instead of hours).

Here are the most important things that we’ve come across:

• (critical) The project list in the import wizard is not sorted in any meaningful manner. It is extremely time consuming for anyone to try to find the necessary projects scrolling back and forth through the list. This happens during the project import and is on both the project list and the customer list. This isn’t manageable in the current form and seems like an easy fix. See attached image for example.

• (major) Both billable and non-billable hours are being imported into Quickbooks. This causes extra work for the finance team because we're importing a lot of data that isn't necessary. They have to spend time in QB to delete the extra entries when they shouldn't have been imported in the first place. This was an option in Gen2 that no longer exists.

• (major) Previous versions of the import wizard allowed options to import time either by user or by project. The current version only allows selection by user. We have 2 divisions that each maintain their own Quickbooks instance so we only want to import time for that division. Since we have some users that might work on projects for the other division, we can't import by user because we either end up missing their time (if we exclude the user), or importing a lot of time that shouldn't be there. Another option would be to allow a filter by Program (see below).

• (enhancement) We would like to be able to select to import projects by program since each program goes to a different Quickbooks instance. This would be great if we could have it on the client, project, and time record import. Client is least important because they don't change that often. If there’s a better way to organize our projects within Replicon, we’re open to discussion.

• (enhancement) When there are errors (or warnings?) during the import, it asks for each and every record if we want to continue. Since there are some errors we don't care about (non-billable projects that aren't in Quickbooks), it would be great if we could have an option on the error screen to ignore all errors of that type, or even ignore all errors. This saves a lot of clicks during the import, plus means someone doesn't need to sit there and watch the import - they can launch the import and go do other work.

Please let me know if you'd like any additional info.

Photo of Ungar, Steve

Ungar, Steve

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

Aashnee Kamboj, Community Moderator

• 1617 Posts
  • 110 Reply Likes
Hi Steve,

Thank you for bringing this up. I have taken all these to be ideas and forwarded it to my concerned team for integration. I will update the thread in case of any updates.

Thanks,
Aashnee Kamboj
Photo of Ungar, Steve

Ungar, Steve

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Aashenee,

It's been a couple weeks. Did you get any feedback?

Thanks,
-Steve
Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

• 1617 Posts
  • 110 Reply Likes
Hi Steve,

We apologise for the delays being caused. We are awaiting our product management team to confirm the availability of these ideas and will update the thread soon.

Thanks,
Aashnee
Photo of Ungar, Steve

Ungar, Steve

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It's been another month since we heard from you (and over 2 months since we first asked). Please give me an update on status for these items. Some are very basic functionality items and we still haven't gotten any feedback on them.

Thanks,
-Steve
Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

• 1617 Posts
  • 110 Reply Likes
Hi Steve,

We regret the inconvenience caused. Our team is still looking through the issues specified by you. As providing a solution or making enhancements to the functionality involves a series of steps, we request you to provide us some time to confirm the resolution or planned status to you.

We will keep the thread updated with the progress.
Photo of Ungar, Steve

Ungar, Steve

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My original comments on these issues was somewhere over 3 months ago. All I've been told is you'll update the thread, but I haven't seen any updates.
Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

• 1617 Posts
  • 110 Reply Likes
Hi Steve,

We apologise for all the delay that has been caused in looking up on this issue. Having said that, our engineering team has been in a continuous process of working towards it and we expect a work way for some of the issues listed above by mid of Q-2 2017.  

Please be rest assured that the issues will be worked out in the best possible way. We may take some time to put this up and running however, our work towards it has been continuous.

Thanks,
Aashnee
Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

• 1617 Posts
  • 110 Reply Likes
Hi Steve,

Please access the latest Quickbooks Integration manager build from the below location. You can uninstall your existing QBI build and install the latest one. This build will fix the following two issues:

1. The project list in the import wizard is not sorted in any meaningful manner - You can now sort Project and customer lists
2. Both billable and non-billable hours are being imported into Quickbooks - You will now receive an option to choose between billable and non-billable time

To access

Go to;Link https://cshare.replicon.com/?u=p2Pu1cmq2EPN&p=1cXre3R8oCH9&path=/QBIntegration.exe

If you are unable to access the above link please go to Link https://cshare.replicon.com

If you are asked for credentials please use the following:
Username: p2Pu1cmq2EPN
Password: 1cXre3R8oCH9

Do let us know in case of any concerns and I will be glad to help.
(Edited)
Photo of Ungar, Steve

Ungar, Steve

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Can I get an update on the 3rd item above (importing by project in addition to importing by user).  My understanding was this was going to be in the May release of the integration wizard but I still don't see it there.

As an example of the impact of this missing Gen2 feature, my finance team had to click through 589 warnings when they did the July import from Replicon to QB.  This isn't something they should have to do every month since it's an option we used to have.