Including project percent completion estimate in report?

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Not Planned
In Gen 3, in addition to setting a project status ("Tentative," "In Progress," "Completed," etc.), there's a slider that allows the specification of a project percent completion estimate (see attachment). I know this can be read from/written to using the web service API (e.g., ProjectService1's UpdatePercentComplete method). Is there a way to include that project-level percent complete estimate in a report? I couldn't find it as a column in the default project templates.

(Originally posted by sheilala)
Photo of Archived Post

Archived Post, Official Rep

• 2132 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Archived Post

Archived Post, Official Rep

• 2132 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi,

Thank you for using Replicon Community.

Though the Progress indicators percentage estimate can be read from/written to using the web service API, we do not have access to that data through Reports as of now.

Please

Thanks

(Originally posted by Lingaraj Dharwad)
Photo of Phil Locker

Phil Locker

• 15 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I would also like to be able to use this percentage indicator in my reports - it would be very useful.
Photo of Lingaraj Dharwad

Lingaraj Dharwad, Product Champion

• 1100 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Hi Phil,

Thank you for using Replicon community,

We have marked this as an idea & are review the same.

Regards,
Lingaraj
Photo of Phil Locker

Phil Locker

• 15 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
The indicator slider is there, and a great idea, but only if you can make use of it.
Photo of Naveen Chander

Naveen Chander, Product Manager

• 39 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Phil,

Thank you for posting your idea. 
I agree, it would be great to see the slider value in Project based Reports, however, there are some technical constraints in adding this data element to Reports at this point. 

We will look at resolving these constraints and adding this column to Reports in future product releases.

Thank you,
Naveen
Photo of Mike Curtis

Mike Curtis

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It would be great to be able to use the % complete slider data in reports.

I look forward to this being added soon.
Photo of Shaji John

Shaji John

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled What field has the Project status % value so I can add to a report?.

In Project Status, there is a slider to allow a user to change the percentage.  This would be very useful on a Project Status report and would like to add it.  I've searched the fields that are visible to me in report editing and do not see it.  Project Status is available but, it only shows "In-Progress".
Photo of Lingaraj Dharwad

Lingaraj Dharwad, Product Champion

• 1100 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Hi John,

I have merged your question with this thread as this has already been asked and the response provided by PM team. 

This is currently not planned. We will update this thread as and when we get more updates. 

Thanks,
Lingaraj