If using SAML/SSO Setup, a "Web Timesheet Internal" cannot use mobile app

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Would be nice to be able to have this on a per user basis, or some way to override per user.
Photo of Network Administrator

Network Administrator

• 89 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Lingaraj Dharwad

Lingaraj Dharwad, Product Champion

• 1100 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Hi,

Replicon mobile apps supports SSO authentication, one can also change the Authentication Type from SSO to Web TimeSheet Internal in the users profile. I have demoed this in the video below:-

Let me know if this helps,

Regards,

Lingaraj

Network Administrator

• 89 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Does not help.  The issue is when SAML is turned on, it's a global setting for the company, in security settings.  Once applied, and you open the mobile app and attempt to login, the companies SAML transfer link is always referenced, thus breaking the Internal Auth.

• 1100 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Official Response
If the user has previously used SAML authentication and logged in via the mobile app, then kindly uninstall & reinstall the app which should now allow the user to login via internal authentication.

Network Administrator

• 89 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes

Tested, confirmed and working.  Deleting the app was the key.  I was trying to setup a test account for your support staff to use last week, and they could not log in.  Now we know why.   This info may need to be passed along to your support staff.

Network Administrator

• 89 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
And thank you for the answer.

• 1100 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Glad I could help, I will surely pass this feedback to the person who was working with you & accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.