How do I pass department as a filter condition to ReportService1.GenerateReport

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Acknowledged
Hi

I've set up a timesheet audit report that has criteria of a user and modified date.  I want to be able to run the report via the ReportService1.GenerateReport API for a specific date range (that I already know how to do) along with people in a specific department.  Ideally it would be for all sub-departments.

I used ReportService1.GetReportDetails2 to find the UserFilter and ModifiedOnUtcDateRangeFilter filters.

When I call the ReportService1.GenerateReport, I pass in 3 filters to get a date range for the modified date (leaving the first empty, and putting the start date in the second and end date in the third).  That works.

When I try to add a forth filter criteria for the UserFilter, then I keep getting the error "Input string was not in a correct format." no matter what I put there.

What is the correct say of specifying a value here?

Thanks,
Grant
Photo of Stead, Grant

Stead, Grant

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Vinodh.V

Vinodh.V, Community Moderator

• 289 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Hello Grant,

We understand that when you try to use the forth filter for User, you keep getting an error message " "Input string was not in a correct format." 

We would have our Support team reach out to you as we would like to see the instance and suggest you with the steps.

Regards.

Vinodh.V