Feature request - excluding rows with null values in reports

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Under Consideration
  • (Edited)
Please create a feature where report rows with ZERO values are excluded for the selected date range.  I need a report for hours, by project, by month.  But it lists EVERY project, even if that project has no hours.  I need to be able to schedule this report to automatically email to management, so it really needs to be an option to have this directly done in replicon (versus exporting to excel and sorting/deleting zero rows first).
Photo of kdurliat

kdurliat

• 33 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Charlene Eriksen

Charlene Eriksen, Product Manager

• 393 Posts
  • 41 Reply Likes
Hi kdurliat,

Thanks for posting your feature request. I have a suggestion that might work for you. We have some reports that are project-based and some that are timesheet-based. If you are using a project-based report, you will see projects that have 0 hours against them. Timesheet-based reports won't show projects with 0 hours, because there is no timesheet data to report on for that project. You can try using a report template such as Timesheet Day and remove all user and timesheet period columns. Let us know if this works for you!

Thanks,
Charlene
Photo of Ron Purczynski

Ron Purczynski

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Sorry, but that is not a viable solution. There are no templates that show data at the task level that exclude columns for expenses. You can suppress these columns from appearing in the report, but if expenses are charged against the task, the task will appear in the report with "hour" columns null. This is extremely annoying to users and causes very confusing looking reports.

The report writer should either automatically suppress rows when the columns included in the report are null or there should be a check box to "suppress empty rows".

As far as I recall, the Gen 2 report writer did this automatically. This is just another example of how the adopters of Gen 3 must take a penalty for upgrading.

Photo of Chatura Liyanage

Chatura Liyanage, Employee

• 14 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi,
Thank you for your input. We are looking to introduce a new reporting/analytics platform and will consider this feature at that time.
We value your valuable feedback to improve the product and customer experience.
Thanks

Chatura
Photo of Evans Martin

Evans Martin

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
We are having this same issue. It breaks formulas unless you wrap it in IF statements as well.
Photo of Anthony

Anthony

• 18 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
You posted about the "new reporting/analytics platform" 8 months ago - has there been any progress on this? We still have to deal with reports that have NULL values in rows, which causes much confusion with our team and our customers. Can this be fixed?
Photo of John C Findley

John C Findley

• 76 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes

https://community.replicon.com/replicon/topics/reports-excluding-null-value-fields-from-the-report

Just another example of "not following through with customer support"

Photo of Raghu K

Raghu K, Community Moderator

• 163 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hi John, 

Sorry for the delayed response, Let me check further on the post that you have mentioned and update you 

Raghu K