Estimated Resource Billing / Forecast Report

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I am trying to run a report that will give me the estimated monthly billing for the next 3 months. The estimates are based on the scheduled resource hours. The problem I'm running into is I dont have an Estimated Billing Month to group columns, only the Entry Date month.  Below is the kind of report result I'm looking to see

August - September - December - Summary
Project 1      $500     $500                   $1,000 
Project 2               $1,000       $1,000    $2,000
Summary        $500     $1500        $1,000    $3,000
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

Aashnee Kamboj, Community Moderator

• 1485 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
Hi Michael,

Thank you for using the Replicon Community

Before we proceed I wanted to check if you schedule your resources on monthly basis or does it vary depending on the requirement?

Thanks
Aashnee
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Resources are scheduled on a daily basis. I'm looking to aggregate the time into months in the report.   

I will also have a need to create reports on a weekly and quarterly basis, but this will be a good start. 
Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

• 1485 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
Michael,

I would like to have a call with you to look further into the setup and see if I can customize any reports to show what you are looking for. Can you help me with a convenient time to get in touch with you?

Thanks,
Aashnee
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm available now until 6p EST.
Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

• 1485 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
Hi Michael,

I checked through the system and confirmed that unfortunately, it is not possible to view data related to months where there is no actual data existing. There should either be hours entered or resource allocation done for the future months to see any future months in the report.

Thanks,
Aashnee
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Aashnee - 

I understand I won't see data unless there is data to view, but it adds the wrong data. The issue occurs because Entry Date date is the only option provided. There is no Scheduled Date to group by.

For instance, if I am in November 2016 and I try to run a report for the next 3 months, it will give me  January 2016, November 2016 and December 2016. I was expecting November 2016, December 2016 and January 2017.  If there are no resources scheduled in January 2017 I would expect to either not have the column there or see the January 2017 column with blank or $0 values. The fact that it adds adds the wrong data makes it worse. 

2016     2016       2016
               January  November   December   Summary
Project 1      $500     $500                  $1,000 
Project 2               $1,000     $1,000     $2,000
Summary        $500     $1500      $1,000     $3,000
Photo of Aashnee Kamboj

• 1485 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
Hi Michael,

Thank you for the clarification. I will have this addressed by our support team. One of our support team members will get in touch with you shortly.

Thanks,
Aashnee Kamboj