I've created a dashboard that show "hours by client", rows = clients, columns = years, data = hours, grouped bar (x = client, stacked).
One of the biggest bars relates to client = "- none -".
All our time entries must be against a project (no activities) and all our projects have clients, so I assume that this data relates to time off.
I've ran a report that shows me the total time off by year and the values are similar, but not the same. There's a 1% difference in the broke down by year values (in 2015 this relates to 200 hours).
So, my points are:
1. Is it possible to remove the time off information from this dashboard without using the filter? The only way I've found it to select all the clients, and leaving unselected the "- none -". If we add a new client we have to manually fix all the dashboards that use that workaround...
2. What are those time differences?
Thank you for using Replicon Community!
To answer your questions:
1. No, it is not possible to remove the time off information from this dashboard without using the filter.
2. We will have the product management team review this and get back to you
You are correct that time off and any time tracked on the timesheet that is not allocated to a project (e.g. brakes, activities, no project defined) is currently counted in <none> when the data is hours. We agree that this could be confusing and will take a look at what would work better. We would like to better understand why your numbers are not matching time off if you don't have any other non-project time tracked. Could we reach out to you offline to discuss?
Thank you for trying out Dashboard and providing feedback.
Similar to Nuno, it would be great to be able to filter by excluding a criteria across any category i.e exclude "None" or equivalent selections so the dashboard works without having to reset the filters every time you run it. A dashboard should be a quick view of current status, not something that needs maintaining, as it is a management tool. I have asked for this in reporting ages ago as well but not sure if it got any traction.
The Dashboard team released "Exclude" filters today, which allow you to select options to remove from the dashboard. This will allow you to exclude time off data without having to maintain and update a selection of all of the remaining data.
For example, the below filter setting would exclude any time that is not allocated to a project, including time off and non-project time entries. The red text in the filter description indicates that it is an exclude filter, rather than an include filter (we may adjust this UI slightly over the next week; I'm not certain it's very clear).
Nuno, we haven't forgotten about the time off discrepancies. We're working on correcting that error.
Thanks to both of you for the feedback on the Dashboard,
We've finished an investigation into your time off report discrepancies. As a result of the investigation, we've made two important changes to the dashboard:
The first change to the dashboard is that we are no longer labeling data in the dashboard with "- none -". Instead, we're providing a break-down of why that value is not present; for example, viewing data by "Client" can provide four additional rows that start with "No Client", and an explanation of why there is no client (non-project time, time off, break time, or time against a project that has no client). This change is intended to help clarify the meaning of the data, and can also be used to filter out time-off or non-project time selectively.
We've also fixed a discrepancy where the dashboard was using an internal data source intended for our newer widget timesheet, even if the widget timesheet is not in-use. This created some of the discrepancies that you've seen between the dashboard and the reports. The second change we've made to the dashboard is to use the correct internal data source depending upon which timesheet format is in-use, which matches the behavior of the reports system.
I wish I could conclude with "all your issues are fixed!". But...
I'm sorry to say that I've found that there are still some issues with discrepancies in your reports. Reports that are based upon "timesheet" report templates match the dashboard, but, reports that are based upon "time off" report templates have some data mismatches. For example, I found one specific case where a timesheet appears to have 24 hours of Time Off In Lieu that is only appearing on timesheet reports, but not time off reports.
Unfortunately because this issue is outside of the dashboard system, I've created a support case on your behalf so that our support team can take a look at this issue. I've included some internal findings that I won't share here on the public community. Hopefully this is an issue our support team has seen before and they have a solution they can apply for you.