Custom field associated with a project role rate

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
Hello, I am trying to create a custom field that is associated with a project role rate. For example, employee Joe has two roles on a project (different service with a different rate). Each of these roles has a tracking number that the customer has asked me to report on in my monthly contract billing reports. The report should look like this: User Project Role Rate Tracking # Amount John ABC, CO PM 50.00 123456 3000 Joe ABC, CO TECH 55.00 123443 2000 Joe ABC, CO ARCH 70.00 120030 2300 So in this case, Joe and John are on the same project. Since Joe has two roles he has two tracking numbers. Presently, I have created a custom field on the user that stores the tracking number (assuming the tracking number is a one to one relationship between the user and the project). It turns out, this is really a one to many relationship. Consequently, I have to affiliate this tracking number with the rate itself. Any thoughts on how I might accomplish this? Mike

(Originally posted by Michael Shattuck)
Photo of Archived Post

Archived Post, Official Rep

• 2132 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Archived Post

Archived Post, Official Rep

• 2132 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Mike,

Thanks for using Replicon Community. 

Based on your scenario briefed, here is our advise with the detailed set-up process: 

1. Create/Edit the project role rate name along with the tracking number ex : "CO PM-123456" or "CO TECH-123443"
2. Assign these rates to the end-users within the project team. (Applicable for newly created rates)
3. Have these end-users enter time against the project and select the billable rate as "
CO TECH-123443" 
4. Navigate to your project report and click settings.
5. On the columns tab, under custom columns. Click Add
6. Input name as "Role" and in formula field type "Left(ProjectRoleName,5)" ( Note : The value "5" represents first length characters to show, change as required)
7. Click Add again under custom columns, Input name as "Tracking Number" and in the formula field type "
Right(ProjectRoleName,5)" ( Note : The value "5" represents last length characters to show, change as required)
8. Click Save & Run Report, now the report will shown two separate columns as Role & Tracking Number with specific value in them, Basically the Project Role Rate been separated.

For more information on using custom column : http://download1.replicon.com/docs/en... Kindly let us know, if these steps were helpful to you. 

(Originally posted by Lingaraj Dharwad)