Expense & Timesheet Auto Save Feature or Save Reminder

• Idea
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Not Planned
  • (Edited)
It would be nice to have an Auto Save feature in the Timesheet and Expense Sheet modules just in case you forget to hit "save" after making several entries.  This could be an option in the Settings at the User level allowing the user to set how often they want the app to auto save if they choose.  
Photo of Angela De Oliver

Angela De Oliver

• 23 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Lingaraj Dharwad

Lingaraj Dharwad, Product Champion

• 1100 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Hi Angela,

Thank you for using Replicon community.

Replicon Gen3 already has Timesheet auto save feature, however, we do not have an expense sheet auto save feature for now. We are reviewing your idea.

Thanks,
Lingaraj
Photo of Angela De Oliver

Angela De Oliver

• 23 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Perhaps you can tell me where to find this feature so I can enable it for our users. Thank you.
Photo of Charlene Eriksen

Charlene Eriksen, Product Manager

• 424 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Angela, 

Auto-save is always in place - it doesn't need to be enabled. It does take a bit of time to trigger, up to 1 or 2 minutes. I just tested it and I can see it working on both the Standard and In/Out timesheet. Let me know if you don't see the same.

For expenses we don't have any plans to add auto-save but we are continuing to make improvements to the timesheet auto-save functionality.

Thanks,
Charlene
(Edited)
Photo of kent

kent

• 4 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
How long does it take you to think about this feature? This is an obvious one. This is the single most frustrating thing about this program.
Photo of Charlene Eriksen

Charlene Eriksen, Product Manager

• 424 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Hi Kent,

I understand the frustration but at the moment we don't have any plans for this. As I'm sure you know, we have to prioritize each request against all the others that come in. Auto-save of expenses definitely makes sense, but at this point we haven't heard about it from many other customers. If others chime in here that would help move it up the list but either way, we'll review this during our future planning sessions.

Thanks,
Charlene
(Edited)
Photo of Becker, Barry

Becker, Barry

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Auto-save for expenses should be a mandatory feature, and is complained about within our office every single month. We have passed along our request to our Account Manager numerous times. How is this not highly frustrating for other businesses??? 
Charlene, please add our company with our 40-ish licenses to the list of frustrated clients.
Regards.
Photo of kent

kent

• 4 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Auto Save Feature.

This program needs to auto-save your work. It is costing me a lot of time when I get distracted and loose everything because Replicon logs me out. Expensify always auto-saved every entry, which worked quite well. Replicon is costing me time and frustration trying to figure out what expenses I have to re-enter every time.
Photo of Lingaraj Dharwad

Lingaraj Dharwad, Product Champion

• 1100 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Hi Kent,

I am merging your post with this post as this idea has already been asked before. We will update this post as when we get an update from them with regards to ETA's.

Regards,
Lingaraj
Photo of Chris Bankes

Chris Bankes

• 18 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
So this sound like a great enhancement, that I have read about in multiple places (I logged a request last month too).  What will it take to get this pushed up the list?
Photo of kent

kent

• 4 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Good luck with this. They smile and say this isn't a priority. I thought they were a software company??? I am pushing my company to move away from Replicon because of the time this poor software implementation costs me and my employees.