Approve timesheets

• Idea
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Not Planned
→basically it's about approval of timesheets having an option to walk through the unapproved sheets instead of going back to main screen everytime
→ill explain
→1. Go to Approvals tab
→2. Select one of the timesheets yet to be approved
→3. Select either one of the options "Approve / Reject" etc
→4. Now you should have the option to select next user without having to go back to main approval screen (For example using "next" links
→that would make life much easier for ppl who use this functionality
→do you understand?
RepliconSupport: Alright I understand what you say however when we click on the Approval tabs then we do have an option to put checkmarks beside the timesheets and approve them together
→yes i understand but the one that approves the timesheets still needs to know whether the timesheet needs to be approved, only way to do that is opening the timesheets in the first place
→than the same person has to go back and click on next user
RepliconSupport: I understand what you are saying
→it wouold be much easier to just have a "next" option once you open an time that needs to be approved
→how can Replicon assist in this?
RepliconSupport: I understand
RepliconSupport: Well currently we do not have that option
RepliconSupport: You can raise a suggestion
Photo of Mustafa Benali

Mustafa Benali

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of John C Findley

John C Findley

• 76 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Agreed. I review / approve several time sheets every two weeks.
My current workaround is to right click on each employee's time sheet and select the Open link in new tab option. Usually, I will have 10-15 tabs open.
This allows me to review each time sheet and perform the necessary action required.
My method is much less time consuming and eliminates the waiting for the time sheets to load (they are loading as I am working on previous time sheets).
Photo of Lingaraj Dharwad

Lingaraj Dharwad, Product Champion

• 1100 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Hi Mustafa,

Thank you for using Replicon community,

We are reviewing your idea.

Thanks,
Lingaraj
Photo of Richard

Richard, Design Team Manager

• 67 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Official Response
This is great feedback.  Helping people get their work done faster and more accurately is a top priority for us.

We have been working improving the time collection side of the timesheet, improving performance, configuration, and adding autosave support.  The next step is to improve timesheet approvals.  The performance improvements will help approvals, but workflow improvements like you suggest will make a bigger difference.  For reviewing the details of each timesheet, not having to go back to the list would significantly reduce the steps involved.  We will have to explore this idea when updating the approval flow.
Photo of Natasha

Natasha

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Next Button while approving TimeSheet.

Supervisor had to approve TimeSheet reviewing the Time entries on Timesheet.  He/She opens a TimeSheet reviews the Time entries clicks on Approve and then to review the next Timesheet he had to click on the TimeSheet tab and open the Timesheet, which is cumbersome.  Instead introduce Next Button on the TimeSheet screen to view the Next TimeSheet to review and approve it.  This would help us get rid of those extra clicks to open a new TimeSheet to review it.
Photo of Lingaraj Dharwad

Lingaraj Dharwad, Product Champion

• 1100 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Hi Natasha,

Thank you for using Replicon community,

I am merging this idea with this post as this has already been asked and our PM team has answered the same. 

Regards,
Lingaraj
Photo of Chin, Frank

Chin, Frank

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Suggestion [Approval and Next] button to make approvals quicker.

Each year I approve a thousand+ timesheets as do many managers.  Due to network latency and Saas it may take several seconds to load replicon pages.  As such I waste time approving at timesheet, waiting for the index page to load, click the next timesheet and approving.  My suggestion add an Approve & Next button so that I can approve timesheets in succession more easily with less clicks and less page loads.
Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Hi  I agree we next this function especially as it's so time consuming.
Replicon what is happening regarding this issue, it's now 5 months later & no feed back from Replicon 
Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Hi, Can you please explain why this function is not planned, when you have over a 100 or more in some cases to aprrove time sheets for every week, it is so time consuming.
May it should be consider again 

Thanks 

Rose
Photo of SW

SW

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
When I have multiple time sheets to approve, each of which requires reviewing first, if using the web interface through a browser when clicking on the individual user I have it open in a new browser tab (Ctrl+Shift Click on Chrome). This then of course keeps the list open on the original browser tab.
Photo of Joanne Jacobs

Joanne Jacobs, SVP, Product Mgmt

• 27 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Hi

We agree this is a good idea and do have this in our consideration list  as we focus on improving the payroll workflow process in the next few months.  In the meantime, can you help us understand what is missing from the timesheet list view that prevents you from doing multiple approvals there?  Would it be better to provide more information that you could select via the column settings under the "gear" icon?

Thanks
Joanne
Photo of Cummings, Rochelle

Cummings, Rochelle

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Timesheet Approval Workflow in Gen 3.

Under timesheet approval workflow the system does not move to the next timesheet to be approved after you approve it.  After you approve you have to go back to the list of timesheets and select the next one.  This was not an issue in Gen 2 but is in Gen 3.  Please fix this!
Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Hi Rochelle, 

I agree, I have so many complaints from Project Mangers/Supervisor about this issue.
I don't understand why this feature was in Gen 2  not a feature to Gen 3, this is not the only feature in Replicon that this has happened to, surely you would keep these sort of features not remove them
This seems to be a Urgent fix to me  , lets hope its soon.

Cummings, Rochelle

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I believe this is more of a requirement than a request and Replicon needs to make this update immediately.
Photo of Charlene Eriksen

Charlene Eriksen, Product Manager

• 394 Posts
  • 41 Reply Likes
Hi Rose and Rochelle,

We agree that this is a bit of burden for approvers. We plan to looking at this, along with other differences from Gen2, in 2016.

In the meantime, can you let us know what is preventing approvers from approving directly from the list? Are there specific details that are missing from the list?

Thanks,
Charlene

Cummings, Rochelle

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Our approvers need to open each timesheet to approve them.  They cannot blind approve time without verifying the employee has selected the correct projects and tasks or our invoices will be incorrect.  This item should be listed as high priority to have fixed.
Photo of Rose

Rose

• 111 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Hi Charlene, 

I cannot speak for Rochelle, 

Our PM\TL open each time sheets to check the hours & comments have been added correctly they have to the following:-
1 Go to Approvals tab
2. Select one of the timesheets yet to be approved
3. Select either one of the options "Approve / Reject" etc
4. Then back to main approval screen each time

Is this a very time consuming for our PM\TL, we need to make PM\TL life easier not harder, what we need to be able to move on the next User without all these step.

Cummings, Rochelle

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I completely agree with Rose's comments.
Photo of Ballard, Elaine

Ballard, Elaine

• 21 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Our company has just started using Gen3 and this has been mentioned as an extra step that didn't happen in Gen2. Is this going to be resolved by either automatically going back to the approval list once a timesheet is approved (as in Gen2) and/or a button option for opening the next approval?