Adding billing rate to historical tasks

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Acknowledged
We have several projects which were accidentally missing specific team members when they were created.  By this, I mean the team member was active in Replicon, but they were not assigned as a resource with a billing rate to that specific project.  However, they were still able to add time on their timesheets to these projects (which does not seem right, but is how it works).  

We discovered the issue three months into the project and added the person as a resource and assigned a billing rate.  However, when we pull a billing report for the entire project, the billing rate is only effective from the date we corrected the issue forward - it is not retroactive for the time they entered before they were officially added as a resource.  

How can we go back and add the billing rates to the old tasks which were entered previously so that we have a true picture of the entire billing/cost from the beginning? 

There are a lot, so we are trying to avoid having to open all timesheets and manually assign rates to the specific tasks - rather do it by the team member.  

Thank you.
Photo of Michael Lindauer

Michael Lindauer

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Drema Herron

Drema Herron

• 51 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
When setting up new projects, ensure that "All Users" is removed from the team tab. This will prevent people being able to enter time unless they are specifically added to the team and then task. 

I'm not aware of a way to add billing rates after the fact other than editing time sheets. Replicon may have a different answer however. It's tedious at best to edit old time sheets, especially if tasks and/or projects have been closed. If that method is required, I recommend that you have someone with admin rights make the updates.
Photo of Akbar Ali Khan

Akbar Ali Khan, Official Rep

• 185 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Michael,

Thank you for using Replicon community,

I will have our support team reach out to you about this.

Thanks,
Akbar.