Ability to assign specific activities to each individual project.

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Not Planned
Replicon would be much more efficient if we as administrators had the ability to assign specific activities to each individual project. Since the activities are set at the user level, which includes vacation, holiday, ect, users have the ability to charge vacation/holiday time to a client! I think the best option would be to assign a client related activity template to actual projects.

Photo of Nikki

Nikki

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Lingaraj Dharwad

Lingaraj Dharwad, Product Champion

• 1100 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
Hi Nikki,

Thank you for using Replicon community,

We are reviewing your idea.

Thanks,
Lingaraj
Photo of Gabriel

Gabriel

• 13 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

I think this is an interesting idea and would certainly like to explore how this could be introduced.

Leave is determined by the time off module and is not an activity in our system.

Where we run into difficulty is at the project task level, we would like to limit the activity list option available to the user at the task.  If the project owner could determine which activities can be selected at the task level that could work.

Administrators would setup the available activities in the system and the project owners could determine which are available for their projects.

One item to consider here would be the generic activities that your company might have for non billable internal projects. or as we call them Overhead projects. It is already a significant over head for the project owners to setup each task let alone now assign a sub set of activities to each task or project.

Lets see where this goes

Regards

Gabriel

Photo of Nikki

Nikki

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I see your point on having to assign activities for many overhead tasks. It would be nice to have a select/select all type option to assign activities to multiple projects/tasks at the same time. Most of our projects will have direct labor as their only activity and it would be nice to be able to assign the activity to all of them at once if I wanted to. 
Photo of Lingaraj Dharwad

Lingaraj Dharwad, Product Champion

• 1100 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
Hi Nikki,

I have received an update from the product management team that, this idea is currently NOT PLANNED. However, will be kept in mind during future planning sessions.

Thanks,
Lingaraj
Photo of Kumar Natarajan, Senthil

Kumar Natarajan, Senthil

• 34 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Lingaraj,

Is there any update on this. It will be really helpful in we have this feature. Else can you let me know if there i any other workaround? 
Photo of Vinodh.V

Vinodh.V, Community Moderator

• 330 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hello Senthil,

Thank you for the response.

We can create the task with the time off names "Vacation", Holiday" etc, and have it within required projects.

Please do share your requirement in detail, if my understanding is different.

Regards,

Vinodh.V

Kumar Natarajan, Senthil

• 34 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Vinodh,

I am looking if we can activities Mapped to each project. Let's say If I have five activities (Project work, Blog, Marketing etc) in my system and it been shared among all the projects. let's say I create a new project and I want all the activities in that new project except "Project Work" Activities.  It would be great if you can help me to achieve it.

Thank you,
Senthil
Photo of Vinodh.V

• 330 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hello Senthil,

Unfortunately, Activities are not connected to projects and it is connected to user profiles.

We have a different concept for Activity, the functionality is called Activity-based pay rates and this is available in different Module and to know about this you can refer to the below link:

https://www.replicon.com/help/assigning-and-reviewing-pay-rates/

https://www.replicon.com/help/setting-up-activity-based-pay-rates/

The only alternative, that I can think about is adding (Project work, Blog, Marketing, etc), as a task and make it available for the specific projects.

Suggestion: You can use RIA to update the task to the projects to make it easier for you.

You can create tasks using RIA, and add them for specific projects. You can also choose specific users for this task if it is required.

To know more about RIA, please refer to the below article:

https://www.replicon.com/help-center/administrators/importing-data4/

Currently, this feature request is marked as "Not Planned".I have requested our Product management team to revisit this feature request.

Regards,

Vinodh.V
(Edited)

Kumar Natarajan, Senthil

• 34 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Vinodh,

Thanks for the update, As i said in my last comment, I don't want to have specific activities in my certain projects, and I believe that cant be done with the current system.

Yes, we can add Task and assign it to the project.  But still, when we submit the Timesheet, We have to mention the "Activity", else we cant submit the timesheet. is there any way we can submit the timesheet, without entering activity.???
Photo of Vinodh.V

• 330 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hello Senthil,

This is caused due to Timesheet validation.

Please go to Administration---Timesheet Validation rules ----" Activity/Project Required"

And Turn off "Activity Selection required":

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Vinodh.V

Kumar Natarajan, Senthil

• 34 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Vinoth,

This can be done for the entire System right, not for only one project correct?
Photo of Vinodh.V

• 332 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hello Senthil,

This is a Timesheet level validation rule, which ensures that the end-users are selecting projects and Activities on the timesheet.

If you do not want to mandate activity, then turn it off for the Activity, as highlighted in the previous comment.

The users will still see the Activity on their timesheet, but the system, will not show an error message if they do not select Activity.

Note: If you want to completely remove the activity from the user's timesheet, you can achieve this by turning it off from the timesheet template.

The timesheet validation is defined in the timesheet template and our system allows you to have different templates to different users.

To identify the template assigned to the user, go to Administration---Users-- Timesheet and timesheet template.

To understand the setup or edit it: Administration--- Timesheet---Timesheet template.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Vinodh.V

Kumar Natarajan, Senthil

• 34 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Vinodh,

I would like to know if you can help us with customizing the Replicon, by Mapping Activities to a specific project.

If it's going to cost us, we can work on that one as well. But we would like to have this feature for our organization. 

Kindly update me on this one.
Photo of Vinodh.V

• 330 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hello Senthil,

Thank you for the response.

I can see that you have already reached out to the Support team. We have asked one of the team members to get in touch with you using an existing service request.

Regards,

Vinodh.V